SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#54098 - 05/05/02 11:18 AM I have an Inspiration to share with you
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Sharing our songs we record
I have been doing this on a small scale for awhile and it works great. Those sharing and receiving like it.
This is my plan. It has two phases.
You record a best effort song and send it to me. Once I have received as many songs as will fit on a floppy, I will zip them and send the zip file to all the folks signed up for the newsletter. It would be even better if you would like to write a note about the song and how you did it. The people receiving the zip file can unzip it to a floppy and pop it into their keyboard and play the songs
Phase two will be a website. I am setting up a second website that will be only composed of the standard first page garbage PLUS Technic Zip Files of Songs from above, with your credit.
Be sure to state copyright waived in the subject line of your email and instrument model as keyboards are backward compatible and not forward compatible.
If you think this is a good idea, then send me your song and if not that post your reason below, or you can email me to keep it private. It is just a proposal to make our instruments and forum work even more for us. We can better learn from each other with examples of each others work
Mail to me at bforrest@ix.netcom.com
Bebop

#54099 - 05/05/02 12:37 PM Re: I have an Inspiration to share with you
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
HI BEEBOP
I LIKE THE IDEA GO FOR IT
BEST REGARDS ,BENNO

#54100 - 05/05/02 12:49 PM Re: I have an Inspiration to share with you
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hello Bill,
Good Ideal,there is no greater plesure than sharing ones music with other like minded folk and of course it could also be a good learning tool and motivator, count me in,althoug I think you might count my playing out
Regards Gilbert

#54101 - 05/06/02 07:39 PM Re: I have an Inspiration to share with you
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Good idea, Bill. Just one thing though: is there any issue regarding the original copyright of songs we record (ie where the copyright is not owned by the person recording the song)? Phase one of your proposal seems to be a private arrangement between those who contribute, and so I assume such copyright would not be a problem, but phase two is more public.

Provided there is no copyright problem, I'd love to contribute.

Regards,
Mike

#54102 - 05/06/02 08:02 PM Re: I have an Inspiration to share with you
BEBOP Offline

The First Song just came in from Frank Bez, wouldn't you know it. Thanks Frank for getting the ball rolling.
I am getting lots of emails but NO SONGS. It isn't emails that I am going to send out, it is SONGS. Zip one up and send it over. I need about 19 more for the first floppy full. Make that 18 more, I will include one of mine.
Reply to Mike D. re Copyrights.
Phase one email exchange no problem.
Phase 2, Zip Files on my website. That is off in the future but if it was a problem we would make it original songs only.
It wouldn't be a song on there, it would be a zip file with a person's NAME.zip Only a Technics Keyboard could play the zip, and only after it was unzipped in the privacy of your computer. Copyright problem??? I doubt it but lets hear from the experts. We have a lawyer and also a law student here somewhere. How about it folks??
BEBOP

#54103 - 05/07/02 02:38 AM Re: I have an Inspiration to share with you
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Bebop
I have e-mailed you with my views, but for the benefit of other members my feeling is that many members would be happy to receive songs, but reluctant to have their musical efforts circulated, which would leave you with just the regular contributors who offer songs on the forum, and that would mean little or no change from what happens now. I also feel that the method of circulation would remove that personal contact which I for one would miss. I will, of course, support what the majority want.

#54104 - 05/07/02 07:52 AM Re: I have an Inspiration to share with you
Mike Harrison Offline

Loc: Oxford U.K.
Hi Bebop
I agree with John, when I first read your post, I thought what a great Idea, then It dawned on me, to get any other members song files I would have to send you one of mine, that sent a funny feeling through me, could I expect anyone of you to listen to my music? After hearing Franks Movie Magic files and Technicsplayers Lord Dance Demo, I don’t think so somehow, there are many members that may never have used there Sequencer on the keyboard let alone PC Sequencers, will they miss out ? As I’m sure they would still love to have other members files to learn from, just a thought.
Mike

#54105 - 05/07/02 08:12 AM Re: I have an Inspiration to share with you
BEBOP Offline

Seems to be a misunderstanding here.
The zip file of 20 songs will be emailed by me to everyone I have an email address for. If you have received the newsletter then you are on that mailing list. If you never received the newsletter then you need to send me your email address to be added to the list. Everytime I get a floppy full of songs I will mail them out to this list. I hope you all will share your work and talents with your music. This is not just for Pro's, it is for all owner operators of Technics keyboards. All emails have been positive and I have received 5 songs so far. that is a good start. Please zip up a song and send it over to share. We can all learn from one another and we will all enjoy hearing other people's music. We will all have everyones email address also that we might correspond if we wish to. Thanks to all for your response. Those that don't want to receive the songs can be removed from the list at their request.
LQQKING FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR SONG
BEBOP

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 05-07-2002).]

#54106 - 05/07/02 12:19 PM Re: I have an Inspiration to share with you
Mike Harrison Offline

Loc: Oxford U.K.
Sorry Bebop,
Thanks for clearing up any misunderstanding that I may have read into your post, keep up the good work you do for us all, look forward to hearing from you soon.
Mike

#54107 - 05/07/02 01:45 PM Re: I have an Inspiration to share with you
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Like the idea Bill, I'll send you one soon.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online