SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54511 - 03/20/07 02:36 PM JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Members,

We are all set up and ready to Jam. Some of the members are swinging right now.

Will give a report as things progress.

Fran in S. Carolina

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 03-20-2007).]

#54512 - 03/20/07 06:32 PM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Wishing all of you "Techies" a wonderful Jam!!! I so wish I could have been with you all in person, but life does not always permit such pleasures. I CAN, however, be with you all in spirit, and as the keyboards tingle and rock, imagine my dancing fingers joining yours in musical harmony and fun!

SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com

Ted Rose

#54513 - 03/21/07 12:35 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Have a super time all of you - I too am with you in spirit!!!........Joan

#54514 - 03/22/07 11:14 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Wonderful experience! Added several new people with 44 in attendance. Some great jazz music with new guitar, keyboard, vocal ensemble. John C is both a great keyboard player as well as jazz guitar musician. Great sounds from Bill Norrie, Roger Mepstead, and a surprise visit from Peter Davey from Great Briton. Too many great artists to mention all. I’m ready for next year’s jam now . . . Looks like we will exceed 60 for the next year’s jam.

Fran in S. Carolina

#54515 - 03/22/07 02:19 PM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I totally agree with Bob - we all had a really great time! On behalf of all the people present, I would like to thank Fran for organising the Jam and Jack Burkavage for sourcing the venue and all his work involved during the Jam. Most of all, we thank Nadine and Glen Smith for providing such wonderful breakfasts and midday meals. Roll on next year......................

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54516 - 03/23/07 04:00 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Triple T Offline

Loc: Mesa, AZ
As a first timer, what a great experience. Thanks to all for your hospitality, the "how to's" and great sounds. A tip of the hat to Fran for getting me involved.

Tim

------------------
Timothy

#54517 - 03/23/07 07:18 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
alrej Offline

As first timers also we are so happy that Fran encouraged us to attend even though we had expressed our doubts because of our lack of expertise compared to the accomplished musicians we expected to be there.
We were pleasantly surprised at the warm and welcoming reception of the SynthZoners.
This meet has to be the most enjoyable and instructive session we could have ever hoped for.
We can’t begin to thank all the people who so cordially guided us through all the questions that we had.
Special thanks to Bill N, Harry B, Gary V, Bob H, also the lady who prepared the delicious food.
We finally could place a face on the names that we had become familiar with after following the SZ website for the past 5 years.
And to think we almost missed it…. alrej

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
Members,

We are all set up and ready to Jam. Some of the members are swinging right now.

Will give a report as things progress.

Fran in S. Carolina

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 03-20-2007).]

#54518 - 03/24/07 01:09 PM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I would like to echo the thanks to all that made this Jam so informative and fun. It was also great to see new faces,as well as my old friends.

The other thing that was great, was the addition of the Roland G70 and Tyros2. Eventhough this started out to be mainly Technics,all are welcome.

Jim,myself,and others are starting to look around for next years location. We want everyone involved,and welcome any Florida locations you may know of. I think tentative rates for March through May should be considered to help us arrive at at the most favorable time.

More later

Bernie

#54519 - 03/24/07 01:35 PM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Mary in Tucson Offline

Loc: tucson, Arizona, USA
My friend Rilly and I want to thank everyone for a wonderful 2 days at the Jam. Everyone was so friendly and made us feel so welcome.
We learned a lot at the workshops and can hardly wait to try them out and see what we can do. The performances by the musicians were fantastic-a very talented group. It was a Musical Feast! A special thanks to Fran for all his work and to Glenn and Nadine and anyone else who helped fix the breakfasts and lunches. Everything was delicious. If there is a Jam next year we will do our best to get there.
Had a good trip home.

Mary

#54520 - 03/25/07 09:31 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Tim,

We know you have the musical knowledge as a classical pianist and can understand your reluctance to play on your new toy (7000) this year, but 2008 we look forward to hearing from you.

Alrej, (Al is computer support and Rejeanne plays 7000)

They are from Maine, which adds another state to our attendees. Wonderful folks. Must be all keyboard players are great people because we have not had a sour lemon in 3 years.

Mary & Rilly,

From Arizona and first timers were a welcome addition to our group. Rilly broke the ice and played (excellent) after the Jam. Next year they both will play and I will also for the laughs.

Fran in SC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online