SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54542 - 10/10/04 05:53 AM Custom Style Save
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Would someone please tell me again how to save a panel and a CST to SD without an "all custom" save. I think it was Bud that said to save it to A memory,but lost the answer.

Thanks
Bernie

#54543 - 10/10/04 09:17 AM Re: Custom Style Save
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Bernie, If you have a look at, or download Tech Tip No.9 on my website, it describes how to do this.... http://mysite.freeserve.com/willumspages/index.html

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54544 - 10/10/04 11:11 AM Re: Custom Style Save
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Willum
Thank you for your detailed explanation of the CUSTOM and COMPOSER.It is most invaluable.

Bernie

#54545 - 10/10/04 12:29 PM Re: Custom Style Save
Bernie9 Offline

The CST and Panel is saved fine,but the MSA won't change instruments along with variation change, eventhough I saved to SD with Sound and Rythm selected beforehand.If I go from Memory button to Custom,it will change any one I have in All Custom at the time.I am using a full save(except All Custom,Fav,Midi).

#54546 - 10/10/04 03:55 PM Re: Custom Style Save
Bill Norrie Offline

OK Bernie - I'll be in touch...........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#54547 - 10/11/04 04:44 AM Re: Custom Style Save
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Bernie,
As far as I can determine, it is not possible to have all the facilities available in a CUSTOM set up, when copying CUSTOM to COMPOSER Memory A, B and C. I'm referring to automatic selection of voice setups in when you select Style variations 1 - 4 with MSA set to ON or use Fill Ins to advance the Variation and change the sound setups.
The only way I can find to keep the sound setups associated with the CUSTOM memories, when copying CUSTOM to COMPOSER, is to copy the sound setups to PANEL Memory, while the particular CUSTOM Memory is selected. Then carry out a 'Custom Style Copy' to COMPOSER A,B or C, and then save the set-up to SD Card.
This is the Procedure I used :
1. Select the desired CUSTOM setup.
2. Press and hold the Panel Memory SET button.
3. Select Expand mode and on Page 2 check that 'Rhythm Selection' is 'ON' - press Exit.
4. Ensure Music Style Arranger is ON.
5. Select Variation 1 - press Panel Memory SET and '1'
6. Select Variation 2 - press Panel Memory SET and '2'
7. Select Variation 3 - press Panel Memory SET and '3'
8. Select Variation 4 - press Panel Memory SET and '4'
9. The sound setups which were originally stored, when the CUSTOM set-up was recorded, are now accessible by using the Panel Memories 1 - 4.
Note that when a CUSTOM set-up is selected, when you advance through the Variations to automatically select different Sound set-ups, there are still additional Sound / Panel set-ups in Panel Memories 1 - 4, which can be selected by pressing a particular Panel Memory button. You can return to the original CUSTOM Sounds, by pressing CUSTOM and selecting a Variation.
10. Press Program Menus > Composer >Custom Style Copy.
11. Press Direction to set Custom style in the Left 'FROM' panel and scroll dow until the desired Custom Style is visible.
12. In the 'TO' panel, select the desired target Composer memory Bank (A,B or C)
13. Press 'OK' and then press SD Load > Save > Technics Format.
14. Select an appropriate Folder and Song location, Name the set-up.
15. On Page 2 of the SD Save screen, make the desired selections - ensure that Panel Memory is set to '3BANK' and COMPOSER is ON.
16. Save the set-up.
Note that you can save three different CUSTOM to COMPOSER set-ups in one Song location on the SD Card by selecting an appropriate Composer Memory bank in step 12. Obviously, you must carry out this operation before saving the set-ups to SD Card.
Having carried out the above procedure, instead of advancing through the Style/Sound set-ups using the Variation buttons, you will now have to use the Panel Memory buttons 1 - 4. This may be a slight disadvantage since you will have to use the Right hand instead of Left hand to change the set-up. However, the operation could be made easier by using footswitches to increment / decrement the Panel Memories.
Note that incrementing / decrementing the Variations, by using the Fill-Ins, will change the Style but will not change the Sound set-ups, as it does when using the CUSTOM style option.

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#54548 - 10/11/04 07:16 AM Re: Custom Style Save
Bernie9 Offline

Willum
Again,I'm grateful to you for testing that all out.At least I know how it can be done,and it is a small disadvantage.

Bernie

#54549 - 10/12/04 08:57 AM Re: Custom Style Save
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B][/B]

Hi Bill
If I copy custom to composer all the sound setups are already put in the panel memories for me, so there is no need to overwrite the panel memories with the same information all over again 4 times in a row so steps 1 to 9 are maybe a waste of time. Just copy custom to composer and save composer and panel memory. I got the information from the Alec Pagida 6k book and that is the way he said it works and it does.

#54550 - 10/12/04 04:05 PM Re: Custom Style Save
Bill Norrie Offline

Good point Johnnie - makes the process a little quicker. Thanks for pointing it out

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#54551 - 10/13/04 11:22 PM Re: Custom Style Save
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Good point Johnnie - makes the process a little quicker. Thanks for pointing it out

Pleasure's all mine, Bill

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online