SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54907 - 11/23/06 11:30 AM SD CARD PROBLEM
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
Hi Folks,Ive got this complicated problem, difficult to explain but here goes.
I have a sd card which i use for my favourite backing styles.
I have a number of other sd cards with various styles on.
Ok i put card in keyboard, find a style i would like to use, select instrument etc, change to favourite card and save.
When i go to use that style i find it has changed to something completely different.
Tried saving again same thing happens.
How can i save a specific style from one card to another.

#54908 - 11/24/06 01:18 AM Re: SD CARD PROBLEM
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
What options are you selecting on Page 2 of the SD Save display?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54909 - 11/24/06 01:27 AM Re: SD CARD PROBLEM
gerr58 Offline

Not looked at page 2 Bill, just saved to folder

#54910 - 11/24/06 01:29 AM Re: SD CARD PROBLEM
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
There are two things that spring to my mind here:

1) SAVE TO A DIFFERENT NAME. ie: Say you have chosen Piano Ballad from your SD Card of styles, you then change Right 1 and/or Right 2 to another instrument, for quickness, I would save it with another name such as Piano Ballad-2. (note the 2)This is a quick method if you are looking for That 'elusive' sound for a particular song.

2) When saving, go to Page 2 click on 'ALL OFF' at bottom right-hand corner of screen, which will put 'NO' in all the boxes, then click the arrows at the bottom of the screen against the part you want saved, in the example above this would be CURRENT PANEL OR PANEL MEMORY (if using more than one PM). Having made your choice, 'YES' will be shown alonside your choice. SAVE in the usual way to the new card You should now have the original styles saved but with the new changes.

The KN7000 default setting is to save in PERFORMANCE mode and like a PC it has to be told to change it's settings, otherwise it will always revert to that mode.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

#54911 - 11/24/06 01:39 AM Re: SD CARD PROBLEM
gerr58 Offline

The style i try to save is from a list of styles in custom, it seems to save ok but when i go to use it later the name is the same but a different style plays

#54912 - 11/24/06 03:27 AM Re: SD CARD PROBLEM
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Ooh these machines are complicated Gerry - You can't save Custom Styles into folders that way, sadly...
You have to transfer them across to Memory A and then save that. Someone else asked me that very question just the other day I'll post you a copy of the details I sent them...
Rog

#54913 - 11/24/06 06:21 AM Re: SD CARD PROBLEM
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Here we go:
Hiya
Aah, so the styles you are referring to are 'custom' styles...ok
and it would appear from the photo you attached that you have managed to load them into one of your folders.
To the left of your KN7000 screen are the rhythm group buttons and one of them is marked 'custom'.
That is where those custom styles that you have backed up should appear with their descriptive names.
If you then want them in files inside folders and named then you have to load each one from the custom button onto your keyboard and then save it to a folder using the following sequence of actions...
1. Press 'program menus' - top far right of keyboard.
2. Select 'composer' using button to the right of that word on the screen.
3. Select 'custom style copy' using button to the right of that phrase on the screen
4. Use the button below the word 'direction' to make sure that the style is being copied from 'custom style' to 'memory bank A' and then OK that maneouvre.
5. Now select the 'memory load' button to the left of the screen and then save that file in the normal way to whichever folder you want it stored on your SD Card - you may still have to 'name' it during that process but at least you'll have the official name it has been given as a custom style.

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 11-24-2006).]

#54914 - 11/24/06 09:14 AM Re: SD CARD PROBLEM
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
What about SDExplorer: you can with the tol easily move styles from SD1 to SD2 and vice versa. Also custom styles, if I remember correctly.

------------------

#54915 - 11/24/06 12:26 PM Re: SD CARD PROBLEM
gerr58 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Ooh these machines are complicated Gerry - You can't save Custom Styles into folders that way, sadly...
You have to transfer them across to Memory A and then save that. Someone else asked me that very question just the other day I'll post you a copy of the details I sent them...
Rog

Thanks for that Rog, worked a treat

#54916 - 11/25/06 02:58 AM Re: SD CARD PROBLEM
technicsplayer Offline

the problem was not saving custom with the performance save, or alternatively transferring custom to composer so the style is saved with a performance save, so sd explorer would make no difference there.

Quote:
Originally posted by fmlk:
What about SDExplorer: you can with the tol easily move styles from SD1 to SD2 and vice versa. Also custom styles, if I remember correctly.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online