SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55030 - 09/21/03 03:09 PM recording audio to SD card
santa 1 Offline

Loc: stuart, fl - usa
I am abut to buy a KN7000 and am really confused about what can be saved to SD to utilize the least space. I have some complete song arrangements which I have all-saved Technics to floppy disks from my old KN1000 and 2000. If they can be saved, it would keep me from having to do them all over again. I am sure that I read on the Forum that there is software that could help me convert this audio to MP3 which would take up little space on the SD. Is it possible and does it require additional steps?

#55031 - 09/21/03 05:25 PM Re: recording audio to SD card
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Lance,
If your sequenced songs or panel memory setups have been saved in Technics format, then they will load directly into the KN7000 and play fairly well. Lets say that you have saved a song on the KN2000 using the beguine rythym. When you play this on the Kn7000 by just loading the file in, most likely the KN7000 will substitute the KN7000 beguine rythym. You may decide that for this particular song you really liked the KN2000 beguine better.
What you do is to download the KN2000 updated beguine rythym from the Technics KN7000 web site and use that instead of the KN7000 beguine. These rythyms from the older keyboards on the Technics site have already been tweaked to work well on the 7000 so that they will sound great.
Of course, you will hear the new sounds of the KN7000 so the result is very good.
I had about 50 setups from my old KN2000 with special intros, endings, ETC. I converted them as above and use them all the time. Didn't lose a thing.
I can't tell you anything about the KN1000 songs.
Perhaps someone who has used KN1000 songs on the 7000 can tell you more about this.
Regards,
Walt

#55032 - 09/22/03 02:45 PM Re: recording audio to SD card
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
it's the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit.
It comes with sd jukebox software and an sd card reader/writer ( a card reader/writer is also an invaluable tool for doing back ups of your sd card, so much faster than doing it via usb).

mp3's would take up a fair bit of space on an sd card. I'm no expert on mp3's but I have seen then as big as 2 to 4 mb's on the internet.You'd possibly want a 256mb card minimum depending on how many mp3's you want to save.

Wherever possible, it's best to just do it as a technics files and use audio only when necessary.

Good part is, prices were dropping on sd cards. I used to get mine on ebay. I've got panasonic & sandisk and they both work with audio.
I did find one particular brand SD card that didn't work with audio called PDC ( it didn't have encryption). Fortunately it still worked for saving all the other types of files seq. composer etc.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by santa 1:
IForum that there is software that could help me convert this audio to MP3 which would take up little space on the SD. Is it possible and does it require additional steps?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online