SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#55164 - 04/09/06 06:00 AM Re: New Recordings
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Hi Bill,

Your new site looks and works like magic.

I am enjoying your WMA selections. Listening to them is shear pleasure and really helps smooth out my daily challenges.

Thanks for your talent and generosity.

Larry Gosmeyer

#55165 - 04/11/06 03:51 PM Re: New Recordings
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Bill,

As you know, I've had problems viewing a few of your web pages. Unfortunately your new pages has not helped. I'm not sure why the text is jumbled, but I've managed to figure out how to click on a file. Thanks for all your contributions.

I'm curious if anyone else has this problem with Bill's site. (I haven't any other problems on any other sites) I can't be the only one. Any idea as to why some of Bill's pages are not displaying correctly for me?

I use XP Home
1024 X 768 display
IE6 and FireFox both scrambled badly

I tried changing text size, but it did not help. Oh well, we've been down this road before, but I don't remember if a solution was found.

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Frapper

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 04-12-2006).]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#55166 - 04/11/06 04:17 PM Re: New Recordings
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Larry,

You're right! We've been here before and if I remember correctly, you are using a DPI setting of 120, rather than the 'normal' 96.
( Display Properties > Settings Tab > Advanced > General Tab > DPI Setting ). If you set your DPI value back to 96, I think you will find that the page displays OK.

I believe this problem is due to a shortcoming in the program which I use to construct my website and I contacted the supplier of the program, shortly after your original report. However, they were not very helpful and could not suggest any solution.
I know this is a bit of a pain, but short of buying another web compiling program and totally reconstructing my website, there is not much I can do
My 'new' website was initiated because I was running out of space on the 'free' site provided by my ISP and apart from adding more WMA files, the content and construction remains essentially the same.

Just a thought Larry - may I suggest that you remove the graphic of my page, since it is causing the Synthzone page on this thread to be oversized horizontally........

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 04-11-2006).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#55167 - 04/12/06 04:13 AM Re: New Recordings
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Bill,

I removed the graphic.
Thanks again for your website.
I'm going to try your suggestion (again)

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online