SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56109 - 07/22/03 03:26 AM Recording LPs
Scarum Offline

Loc: Port Macquarie NSW Australia
I have this large collection of Lps and I intend to transfer most of them to CD.
I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a software programme that I can use from the net so that when I record these Lps, it will reduce or eliminate the snap crackle and pop one gets from Lps, particularly when they are getting a bit old. I also hope to put some of this audio on the SD card and play along on the KN7000.

Many thanks

Tom Cornish

#56110 - 07/22/03 06:02 AM Re: Recording LPs
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.. unfortunately, I cannot answer your question.... BUT, I personally feel that in a world of pristine CD recording, the 'snap, crackle, pop, of a vinyl LP adds a certain ambience and 'realness' to the listening experience ... I am recording some of my LPs onto CD and am leaving that 's, c, p, right in there.... .... of course, loading these recordings into a kn7 to play along with adds a different dimension....
t.

#56111 - 07/22/03 06:30 AM Re: Recording LPs
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Tom,
Try Gold Wave. They have a free download with unlimited use that is very functional.
It has all kinds of filters, ETC, including Pop & Click. Go to: www.goldwave.com
It is a top notch program.
Regards,
Walt

#56112 - 07/22/03 12:32 PM Re: Recording LPs
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I agree 100% with Walt, Goldwave is 'The Business'. I've been using it for a couple of years now, for just that purpose. It has a fairly intuitive interface and has more facilities than you will ever need.
I also use it for recording from my KN7000 to make CDs or MP3.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#56113 - 07/22/03 01:26 PM Re: Recording LPs
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello!

I also want to transfer my vinyl collection to CDs. I have a CD recorder and am ready to go to work, but need a new cartridge or needle for my turntable. It is a Sansui FR-D35 purchased in the mid 80s. Does anyone know of a source for cartridges and needles for old turntables here in the U.K.? Thanks.

Chuck

#56114 - 07/22/03 02:09 PM Re: Recording LPs
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Chuck, Have a look here : http://www.diamondstylus.co.uk/mcg4san.htm

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online