SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56533 - 08/31/04 01:31 PM Noisey amp using KN7000
jaxziel Offline

Loc: Robbinsville,NJ,USA
When I place my KN7000 0n top of my Hammond B3 or use it with other boards thru a pair of Roland KA 500s' a fairly loud buzz is present.I've tried diffrent AC circuits and moving the power cords around but the problem persists. anyone have a like problem? Love this forum you guys are really dedicated to your art. Thanks Jax

#56534 - 08/31/04 03:37 PM Re: Noisey amp using KN7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Jax (No Pun intended ) A few things to try :
1. If you move the KN7000 away from the Hammond but still use the same connecting leads, is the hum still present? If the hum disappears when you move it, then it could be induced by pickup from equipment in the Hammond.
2. If the hum remains, I suggest you check the cables from the Line out of the KN7000 to the amplifier input - particularly the outer screen connection to the sleeve of the jack plugs. Also worth checking that the sleeves of the jack plug connections are clean and making a good contact with the jack sockets, at both ends.
3. If you have multiple items connected to your Rolands, try connecting them one at a time to isolate the problem.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#56535 - 08/31/04 05:38 PM Re: Noisey amp using KN7000
jaxziel Offline

The problem exists even with only the internal KN amp as the sole sound source and if I move it from tha Hammond to my keyboard 3 tier stand the Roland amps pick up the noise, shut the KN down and silence.Thanks again for the reply. Jax

#56536 - 08/31/04 11:39 PM Re: Noisey amp using KN7000
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi
You maybe should try to use ungrounded cables on everything expect the amp. I think you have problems with so called doublegrounding phenomen.
Lindoz

#56537 - 09/01/04 07:07 AM Re: Noisey amp using KN7000
jaxziel Offline

Thanks for the help on my problem,I will now proceed to clear all my stuff and connect one device at a time. A trip to my local dealer with the unit is in order also.I failed to mention the the KN is on it's own internal amp so this appears to be radiated noise from the keyboard itself. The Hammmond has a line out from the preamp so I can understand some noise can be picked up from power supply switching but the Rolands have been rock solid thru all forms of patching abuses.Intersting and great fun to talk to some forum members,I.ve been reading all the posts for several years and rate you guys no. one Thanks again Jax

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online