SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#56843 - 10/23/06 08:33 AM Re: Estralita
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Joan,

I haven't got the music but, I do have a recording of the only 'Estralita' I know, sung by Deanna Durbin. (one of my all-time favourites). - I feel certain this is the song you want, so I can do this.

Play and record the song on my KN7000, then via the machinations of the 'Jaybirds' playalong services, have the sequenced recording printed out as keyboard music.

Although this is not ideal, this music would at least carry the single-noted melody line, with accompanying chords. - let me know if you're interested. My e-mail is:- colin.leaney@homecall.co.uk. - All the best, - Colin

#56844 - 10/23/06 12:34 PM Re: Estralita
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Colin - thank you for your very generous offer. I will know whether I am can successfully obtain the score within the next day or so and I am optimistic that I will not need to trouble you.

Another player very kindly sent me what I am certain was the correct song. Due to her using a new scanner, and I know all to well what pits you can fall into in that instance, I received about a 3" wide part of each page. I was able, even with that I could read enough and play the first few bars and I was pretty sure it was the one. She is going to have another go. I recognised the melody immediately.

I will let you know as soon as I know one way or another and thank you all who have taken to trouble to respond to this posting. I really appreciate it......Joan

#56845 - 10/24/06 11:44 AM Re: Estralita
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi - I am pleased to say that I now have a 3 page version of ESTRELLITA (Little Star) words and music by Manual Ponce. I will pass this on to my friend. Many thanks to Allene. If anyone would care for copy let me know. Joan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online