SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#57367 - 09/16/03 08:04 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
To Cees and Rikki, hello...

Well the PR's are unfortunately a one way street. The PR804 can load and play KN6000/6500/7000 formated files. But not the other way around. I feel guilty because here I am downloading, and getting all kinds of KN songs but can't contribute because 98% have KN's and are unable to use the PR formated files.

Sooooo, my next option is converting PR804 technics formated songs to NX midi. I'm still trying to figure out the best way in getting the NX methodology to sound like I want it. Not that easy especially when changing instrument sounds that use the control (panel memory) which doesn't carry over to NX. One has to edit to put those sounds in. And I don't have third party programs, don't know which is the correct one for my needs. If by any chance I do get an NX midi that I like, how would it sound on a KN???

Anthony

#57368 - 09/16/03 08:40 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
I have visited Cees site several times and I would like to go on public record to thank him loudly for the remarkable job he has done, not only collecting and sharing songs from so many wonderful keyboard performers,but also for the editing he has started to do in organizing the questions and answers for several categories. I would love to be an editor, according to his request, except that I do not think I have the musical or technical expertise to answer most of the queries. So, I hope that someone will be able to assist him on continuing this wonderful project that he has inititated on his site. I feel somewhat motivational in that,, some time ago I suggested such an organization of the Forum questions and answers, and I am delighted that Cees (and others) have begun this magnificent innovation on the site. So, again, thank you, thank you, thank you, Cees, for your seemingly tireless efforts in our behalf. This Technics 7000 enthusiast is most grateful to you and supports you 1000%.

Best personal regards and good luck, dear friend!

Ted

#57369 - 09/17/03 02:52 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Anthony,
I might be missing something here as I'm not really into sequencing,
but,
if you recorded your song into the sequencer,
then put it throught the APC to smf function,
then saved it as a midifile with
panel header "on"
save as "nx"

shouldn't that basically give you the eqivalent of your sequencer file, but in midifile format. The only thing is maybe some of the sounds and volumes might not be 100% correct if the 2 machines don't have identical sounds & settings.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
To Cees and Rikki, hello...

Sooooo, my next option is converting PR804 technics formated songs to NX midi. I'm still trying to figure out the best way in getting the NX methodology to sound like I want it. Not that easy especially when changing instrument sounds that use the control (panel memory) which doesn't carry over to NX. One has to edit to put those sounds in. And I don't have third party programs, don't know which is the correct one for my needs. If by any chance I do get an NX midi that I like, how would it sound on a KN???

Anthony

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#57370 - 09/17/03 02:58 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I believe Ted Rose would be a great Proof Reader and one who would be perfect for editing the English Language.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#57371 - 09/17/03 07:15 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Rikki:

Well it's pretty straight forward converting a technics format to NX using APC to SMF. Right after the conversion, and doing a playback, the conversion plays just as it was in Technics format using APC. Even keeping the sound changes R1, R2 and Left. But once saved as a NX/midi, and loaded back in, it's just not the same and it won't carry over the instrument sound changes.

My style of playing is that I like to change instruments in the melody part, using 3 or 4 different sounds. NX midi will not carry these sound changes over. One has to use StepRecord to enter these sound changes for the R1, R2 and Left if panel memory or similar control funtions were used.

I noticed not that many folks here touch on the subject of NX very much. I wonder why that is?

Anthony

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online