SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57565 - 03/29/07 07:49 AM Problem with SD card
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
I bought a 1GB SD card to load a number of styles on to it, which I did successfully from a number of floppy's. When I tried to load them on the KN7000, an error message came up on the screen in forming me there was no card inserted in the SD card reader slot. I tried this several times with the same result, I then thought maybe its because I hadn't formated it, so I transfered the styles back to floppy's and attemted to format the card on the key board to no avail because I couldn't get the format window up on the keyboard.
Any ideas what went wrong would be appreciated.
Derek

#57566 - 03/29/07 10:00 AM Re: Problem with SD card
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Derek
By your actions you have inadvertantly converted your SD Card into a filing system for your styles rather than a Card which will speak to your keyboard.
Put your SD card in touch with your PC and with Windows Explorer delete everything from your Card...then format it again using your keyboard.
Now to start the ball rolling properly load one of these new styles into your keyboard from the floppy disk and then save it to the formatted SD Card - then for safety's sake continue that way for the rest assuming you don't have thousands to load up...
Rog

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 03-29-2007).]

#57567 - 03/29/07 04:46 PM Re: Problem with SD card
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by D.Munson:
[B]I bought a 1GB SD card to load a number of styles on to it, which I did successfully from a number of floppy's.
I then thought maybe its because I hadn't formated it, so I transfered the styles back to floppy's and attemted to format the card on the key board to no avail because I couldn't get the format window up on the keyboard.

Derek, We need to simplify this.
1-How did you get the floppy data into the SD card?
2-Tell us the steps you made to format the SD. (Windows and buttons)

John C.

#57568 - 03/30/07 09:59 AM Re: Problem with SD card
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by D.Munson:
[B]I bought a 1GB SD card to load a number of styles on to it, which I did successfully from a number of floppy's.
I then thought maybe its because I hadn't formated it, so I transfered the styles back to floppy's and attemted to format the card on the key board to no avail because I couldn't get the format window up on the keyboard.

Derek, We need to simplify this.
1-How did you get the floppy data into the SD card?
2-Tell us the steps you made to format the SD. (Windows and buttons)

John C.

Hi John,
First of all I copied the styles from floppy's to the SD card on my computer and then tried to load them on the KN7000 as the above result.
Derek

#57569 - 03/30/07 10:08 AM Re: Problem with SD card
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hi Derek
By your actions you have inadvertantly converted your SD Card into a filing system for your styles rather than a Card which will speak to your keyboard.
Put your SD card in touch with your PC and with Windows Explorer delete everything from your Card...then format it again using your keyboard.
Now to start the ball rolling properly load one of these new styles into your keyboard from the floppy disk and then save it to the formatted SD Card - then for safety's sake continue that way for the rest assuming you don't have thousands to load up...
Rog

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 03-29-2007).]

Hi Roger,
That was also the trouble I could not format the sd card on the keyboard, because I was unable to get the format window on the screen
I kept getting an error message telling me there is no sd card in the slot which there was in the end I used another 250 mb card and load the styles individually. Thanks for your help.
Derek

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online