SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57611 - 08/31/06 03:03 PM Styles, custom, panel memory composer
tolgay Offline

Loc: Walnut Creek, CA, USA
I am all confused about the styles, custom and panel memory, A,B,C, and the following banks, composer. With the banks there is also 8 different buttons circular(panel memory?)

I know for each style there are multiple files with different extensions.

So how do all these work together and the differences among them i guess.

I know the custom Memory holds up to 20 styles that I can use. If I want to use a style that has 5 files , same name different extensions, is 1 of the custome memory the best place to saved it to?

trying to understand the workings of KN7000 series..

#57612 - 09/02/06 11:07 AM Re: Styles, custom, panel memory composer
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Tolgay, I would suggest you spend some time with your KN7000 manual and learn the basics of your keyboard. It will help clear up some of the questions you've been asking, and then the forum will help with the parts that still aren't clear. We all had to go through a learning curve and it takes some time to learn beyond the basics. You don't need to worry yourself about the extensions you see listed with the styles. You can get by with just current panel and the composer files, but the number of files saved with the style is determined by you when you save the style to disk. If you didn't use the sequencer, why save it to disk? It only takes up memory space and takes longer to save and load. If you want to use your own instrument set-ups, don't load unnecessary files, like pads or custom panel memory. Your keyboard is a unique piece of electronics, and if you don't learn how to use the different functions, then you simply miss out on a whole lot of fun when you play. Turn it into a friend instead of just a piece of machinery that makes noise. When you get to the complicated stuff, there will always be someone here to answer your questions and clear away the clouds. Don't forget to check out member websites for hints and tips, like Willum's and Gunnar Jonnys. Also, styles/songs load by default into Memory A, B, or C, and is only temporary storage. For permanent storage you could use Custom memory, but a floppy or SD card would be better. I use Custom memory to load a batch of styles then move them to Memory A for tweaking and then on to storage on a floppy and/or an SD card. Happy playing!

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 09-03-2006).]

#57613 - 09/03/06 10:58 AM Re: Styles, custom, panel memory composer
tolgay Offline

Loc: Walnut Creek, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
Tolgay, I would suggest you spend some time with your KN7000 manual and learn the basics of your keyboard. It will help clear up some of the questions you've been asking, and then the forum will help with the parts that still aren't clear. We all had to go through a learning curve and it takes some time to learn beyond the basics. You don't need to worry yourself about the extensions you see listed with the styles. You can get by with just current panel and the composer files, but the number of files saved with the style is determined by you when you save the style to disk. If you didn't use the sequencer, why save it to disk? It only takes up memory space and takes longer to save and load. If you want to use your own instrument set-ups, don't load unnecessary files, like pads or custom panel memory. Your keyboard is a unique piece of electronics, and if you don't learn how to use the different functions, then you simply miss out on a whole lot of fun when you play. Turn it into a friend instead of just a piece of machinery that makes noise. When you get to the complicated stuff, there will always be someone here to answer your questions and clear away the clouds. Don't forget to check out member websites for hints and tips, like Willum's and Gunnar Jonnys. Also, styles/songs load by default into Memory A, B, or C, and is only temporary storage. For permanent storage you could use Custom memory, but a floppy or SD card would be better. I use Custom memory to load a batch of styles then move them to Memory A for tweaking and then on to storage on a floppy and/or an SD card. Happy playing!

thanks for the advice. I have downloaded the manual and going through it, it does clarify certain things.

I have one thing to ask you though. are the styles on the SD, ( I am not a favor of the diskettes) available for immediate recall or usage without a delay. Do I have to transfer or load the styles from SD to the system first. It looks that way according to the manual but just to make sure I understood it correctly.

Thanks

#57614 - 09/04/06 12:05 AM Re: Styles, custom, panel memory composer
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Tolgay
The SD Card system is brilliant from a speed of download point of view.
Yes you do have to transfer/download the data from the SD Card to your KN7000 but it takes only about 1 to 2 seconds so if you have folk up dancing they hardly have the chance to catch their breath before you've got them going again...
Rog

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online