SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58417 - 09/06/05 09:25 PM Diff.Boards?
church Offline

Loc: Fremont,CA.
Okay guys,I love my Tech.KN-6000,also have a Soltan MS50,Ready for a 3rd Board,I hope,Money,preference.I posted in the Korg,Yamaha Forum,no answer.Can't afford the KN-7000,but like to try another Brand,The Korg,not all that user friendly,manual too,the PA50 looks and sound like a pretty good one,tried it, I kind of liked it,sales person today don't no anything about their products where I went,they deal with Guitars,in S.J,cal.they said here's the manual.The PA50 going for $999.99,on the Web about the same,12 months,no interest,no tax,free S/H,the Wife (THE Boss of MONEY)this one she liked.Then Yamaha the PSR 3000,real sweet,got alots of Goodies,slightly Hi on price for me,If I can find one around $1300.00.I like the Hammond sounds,both of these are good,I like Pipe organ sounds,the Yamaha is good,Tyros is better,but the Wife said I'll never see that one in the house,Rats.So still undecided,geared toward the 12months deal for sure,but which Keyboard?I know only I can make that pick,but I'm open for Comments.No I'm not going to sell my other 2 Boards.all have It's +'s,-'s.I wish Co.'s would stop coming out with new Stuff,I want,I got to have.Of coarse the wife asked, do you really need another Board? Yes.Blame it on the Keyboard Co.'s new stuff.Thanks for any input.Ron

#58418 - 09/07/05 07:55 AM Re: Diff.Boards?
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
As you now have two KB's.....perhaps it might be wise to wait & watch for new KB's to enter the market....??? Check them out & then make an informed decision in your price range.

Both of my KB's are Technics....the 6K & the totally awesome 7K......(I am well worth the cost of the best)..... There is no way I would consider buying any KB that does not offer at least comparable goodies.

Have fun in your search! Doesn't your wife give you an "allowance" to spend as you choose? Maybe you could save it up to get a really great machine?

ELIZABETH

#58419 - 09/07/05 07:56 AM Re: Diff.Boards?
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
As you now have two KB's.....perhaps it might be wise to wait & watch for new KB's to enter the market....??? Check them out & then make an informed decision in your price range.

Both of my KB's are Technics....the 6K & the totally awesome 7K......(I am well worth the cost of the best)..... There is no way I would consider buying any KB that does not offer at least comparable goodies.

Have fun in your search! Doesn't your wife give you an "allowance" to spend as you choose? Maybe you could save it up to get a really great machine?

ELIZABETH

#58420 - 09/07/05 04:06 PM Re: Diff.Boards?
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
If I were in your position, I would consider either the KN5000 or the KN6500 both of which are available here in England at around £500.00.

I downloaded all the sounds and rhythms offered by Technics before they ceased trading, and I regularly use the KN5000 & KN6500 when playing/recording CDs simply because (in my opinion) they had superb sounds and rhythms which are more mellow than the KN7's. These two keyboards would certainly be worth trying out.

Happy hunting!

Aud (U.K.)

#58421 - 09/07/05 07:10 PM Re: Diff.Boards?
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
You might please the boss if you sell your KN6000 and MS50 and buy a KN7000

#58422 - 09/07/05 08:28 PM Re: Diff.Boards?
church Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:

ELIZABETH

#58423 - 09/07/05 08:35 PM Re: Diff.Boards?
church Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:

ELIZABETH

Yes she does,and I do save,but it would take a long time,save about 10-15 dollars a week,I think it time to ask her for a cost of living raise,Gas for the car(s) is killing us,and all.I my lean more on the Yamaha PSR 3000,price is not too bad? If i can get it little less than 1,496.00 We may beable to swing it,that was on place on the web,12month,no tax,no interest,free S/H.Thank for replying.Ron

#58424 - 09/07/05 08:51 PM Re: Diff.Boards?
church Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Daniell:
You might please the boss if you sell your KN6000 and MS50 and buy a KN7000
That has crossed my mind,but I like them both,Great pipe organ sounds mixing about 4-5 Different sounds together,made them sound like Morton,wurliz.,and have tons of styles for both boards.Maybe it's me or a guy thing on more buttons,and sounds,so on.I fly the Microsoft new Flight Sim on My PC/feedback joystick,I'm in ah when doing this,it's like How did they do that?Wife feels it's a waste of time.To each and his/her own.Ron

#58425 - 09/07/05 09:02 PM Re: Diff.Boards?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Watch for email from Bebop in San JOse
Bebop

#58426 - 09/08/05 07:19 PM Re: Diff.Boards?
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
No one suggested that you check out the KN2600?? Or even the KN2400?? The 2600 has the same SD card technology that the 7000 has, and has many of the 7000's features, including the great organ sounds you're looking for. If money is REALLY that tight, opt for a 2400. It doesn't have the SD card, but at least does have a 3 1/2" floppy slot. Both can be gotten very reasonably.
Jim Helwig

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online