SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#58850 - 07/26/03 01:56 PM Re: Sound Edits
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Many posts ago, actually on the old Technote forum, I started sending out styles and sequenced songs and advised people to look around these styles and songs for anything that was different, and utilize it. Over the years I've collected a lot of unusual sounds or combinations of different instruments that I've used for myself and it has encouraged me to experiment with improving what I had. Sometimes a change in pan direction can have a profound effect, or changing reverb depth, etc. I still don't know what a magic piano is, or a Voxmosphere, for that matter, but I'll hang on to the sounds and use them some day. If you go through my Country Gospel Music series, you'll find quite a few instruments that aren't included with your factory presets. Happy hunting!

#58851 - 07/26/03 06:15 PM Re: Sound Edits
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Originally posted by Brian Barton:

I think one small step for man and one giant
leap for the forum, would be some details of
your excellent violin edit.

Hi Brian, I keep pushing until it sounds good. I have never been into sound editing. What I have created is normally out done by Technics a year or two later.

But----Bebop sent my sequences with my violin for the KN 7000 & 6500 keyboards.
Ava Maria was one of them. I will be sending some of my panel memories with my created sounds with Bebop's help. I must warn you, the sounds I have created are not very interesting, I just have a few good ones. There are many people on this forum that have done great jobs in this area. I would hope they would be part of this topic.

Take care, John C.

#58852 - 08/04/03 11:43 AM Re: Sound Edits
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Brian Barton:

I think one small step for man and one giant
leap for the forum, would be some details of
your excellent violin edit.

Brian, Bebop has sent out my demos 123. You can go to Sound Memory and check out my sounds. You can also hear how I use some of these sounds.
John C. (bruno123)

#58853 - 08/04/03 06:29 PM Re: Sound Edits
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Brian,
It sounds as if you have taken some excellent first steps in developing new sounds. Here is an idea for you to explore. Listen for sounds that have properties that you like. For example perhaps there is a guitar that has an interesting tremolo. Select it, go to Sound Edit and on to Tone and replace the guitar sounds with one or more of the electric piano sounds. Now you have an EP with the properties of the Guitar. This is just a quick way to discover a sound with new properties. it’s also easy to make some subtle changes using Easy Edit.
Frank

#58854 - 08/06/03 09:11 AM Re: Sound Edits
Brian Barton Offline

Loc: UK
Thank you all for your replies,
very interesting and informative.
This really is a great forum.
Brian.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online