SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59321 - 12/08/03 07:14 AM Installing SD card tool on computers
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Refering to my plea for help installing the SD card tool on Dec 4th, offers from Lloyd Erickson, Larry Hawk, John North, Mark W. and E Mails from Cees and Thomas Konig were greatly appreciated. Thank you to each and every one for your time. Tried everyone's ideas and finally succeeded installing on the XP home laptop but still have failed on the ME. Must be a problem with my ME O.S. I still receive the message " failed to load M M control. MCI32 is outdated " If anyone has other ideas on installing on ME, would like to hear from them. I prefer to have the program on my desktop. Of interest, success took place on the XP after disconnecting the cable modem from the internet. Already had turned off all programs, firewall and anti virus. Now all I have to do is learn to use it. Dick Bergin

#59322 - 12/09/03 05:49 AM Re: Installing SD card tool on computers
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I once had the same problem, of not being able to load the SDCard Tool, and if I remember correctly, I removed mci32.ocx from the SD Card File folder.

After removing mci32.ocx (not deleting mci32.ocx, just move it outside the folder) it then loaded. Don't know why, but it worked for me. Worth a try I suppose

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#59323 - 12/09/03 09:45 AM Re: Installing SD card tool on computers
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Thank you Larry, still negatorie though. Worth a try. Guess I'll have to be thankful for success on XP. Dick Bergin

#59324 - 12/09/03 11:38 AM Re: Installing SD card tool on computers
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Guys,
I could never get it to install on my laptop windows 98, either , so I'll definetly try some of your suggestions .

From memory, I think I ended up unzipping the program into a folder. Then I was actually able to use it by clicking on the program icon ( in the folder). Not ideal, but at least it launched the program.

Recently reformated my laptop and just realized I hadn't reinstalled the program. Might be a good opportunity to try and do it properly.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#59325 - 12/09/03 06:03 PM Re: Installing SD card tool on computers
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I believe your right Rikki..you have to launch the program from within the SDCard Tool Folder...good memory !

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online