SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59819 - 06/13/03 04:55 PM Panasonic/Technics
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Just how far will Technics Go to make us pay ,my neighbour bought a Panasonic SXKC211
keyboard for his 7 yr old grandsonat Xmas it was entry level and cost £99 the transformer broke he tried to buy another from the dealer to be told that it would cost WAIT FOR IT £56.99 as it was a very special one and they would have to order it,
telephoning panasonic confirmed the price also the shortage of transformers . This is a huge price 60% of the total price of the keyboard , I find this very wrong and don't see why it has to be, any other keyboard tranformer costs about £10.
jan

#59820 - 06/14/03 02:05 AM Re: Panasonic/Technics
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Jan, If it was only bought at Christmas, then surely it is still under guarantee ? Unless of course it has been damaged rather than just stopped working because of an electrical defect.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#59821 - 06/14/03 07:03 AM Re: Panasonic/Technics
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Electronic gear usually carries a 30 day warrentee ( or 90 at best)in cheaper stuff. It's too bad about the breakdown - I fell for you. I'd take it to the store, maybe THEY have a larger interest in your satisfaction than a large company like Panasonic.
It's worth a try.

#59822 - 06/14/03 11:15 AM Re: Panasonic/Technics
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Electronic gear usually carries a 30 day warrentee ( or 90 at best)in cheaper stuff. It's too bad about the breakdown - I fell for you. I'd take it to the store, maybe THEY have a larger interest in your satisfaction than a large company like Panasonic.
It's worth a try.

Hey Uncle Dave,
I am happy to see you visiting our forum more and more often and posting repies.
I/we have a great respect for your knowledge accumulated over many years as a current full time working musician.
I know you are not into Technics Boards but that may even change one of these days.
Thank you for not limiting your wisdom to the general arranger forum only.
Your posts have always been a great help to those on the G A forum and they will be here also, so keep coming back, and keep posting on the Technics Forum
Best to you Dave
Bebop

#59823 - 06/14/03 04:12 PM Re: Panasonic/Technics
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
In UK, manufacturer's guarantee is a mandatory one year and according to their website, Technics/Panasonic conform to this.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online