SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60134 - 09/13/03 08:35 PM Cees and Technics to Midi
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Cees,

On your website, I hear a song play. It is a Technics Song File converted to a Midi.
I was wondering if you could share your way of converting Technics to Midi.

The reason I am asking here, rather then by email, I thought other members may be interested.

By the way, nice cool wesite, and thank you for creating a place to share great music.
It is appreciated.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60135 - 09/13/03 08:38 PM Re: Cees and Technics to Midi
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I forgot to mention that if anyone else converts Technics to Midi, maybe you could share your method too.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60136 - 09/13/03 11:43 PM Re: Cees and Technics to Midi
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Larry,
I have converted in this case a song from Bill N.
It's a rather 'long' procedure to write own here, so I hope you don't mind I make myself easy to give you (and other interested) a link to the informationpage on my page, where you can follow step by step the tutor how to do this.
You can find this procedure on the KESO-site: go to INFORMATION and then to TIPS AND TRICKS and then 'How to convert a song from APC to SMF(midi)' (under K1).
I hope this answers your question. I whish to emphasize that the quality of the conversion is less than the original song. For instance: if you listen to Bill's original song, the second part is played as jazz-guitar-sound, in the converted version it sounds as vibraphone-sound. Futher on it depends on the quality of your soundcard and related software (soundfonds) you uses etc.
Have much pleasure on trying this and you're welcome to ask possible question in this post.
Greetings,
Cees

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online