SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60215 - 01/27/02 05:42 AM Footswitch Pedal
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Even since I plugged in footswitch pedal #1 the keyboard has an echoey sound. This is on the KN6500. I took the foot pedal off but I am still having this sound. Any suggestions?

By the way, if there is an update available for your keyboard, does Technix make you aware of this?

#60216 - 01/27/02 10:33 AM Re: Footswitch Pedal
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I don't think there is an update for the KN6500 yet. I stand to be corrected as I only watch the KN6000 that I use.
I once had a similiar problem and it was caused by using a non technic footswitch that was wired normaly open instead of Normaly closed or vice versa, I am not sure now, but anyway I had to change the wiring on it and it has been working every since. It sounds like you are getting the sustain actuated which is what the footswitch defaults to if not programmed. I am sure others will post here with more help so watch your topic.

------------------
BEBOP
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://members.fortunecity.com/bebop1
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdi...=1000&SUBMIT=Go

#60217 - 01/27/02 11:46 AM Re: Footswitch Pedal
Albertg Offline

First remove the pedal and initialize the keyboard because the echoey sound is stil there after removing the pedal. Everything should be normal by now. Be sure sustain is off (the led is not burning).

Turn off the keyboard and place the plug in FOOT SW-1. Turn on the keyboard. Does the sustain led burn while you don't push the pedal then you should 'reverse' the pedal.
Is there a switch on the bottom of the pedal?
Turn your keyboard off and place the switch in the other position. Turn on the keyboard. Everything should be working now.

I hope this works for you.

Albert.

#60218 - 01/28/02 08:10 PM Re: Footswitch Pedal
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Albertg:
First remove the pedal and initialize the keyboard because the echoey sound is stil there after removing the pedal. Everything should be normal by now. Be sure sustain is off (the led is not burning).

Turn off the keyboard and place the plug in FOOT SW-1. Turn on the keyboard. Does the sustain led burn while you don't push the pedal then you should 'reverse' the pedal.
Is there a switch on the bottom of the pedal?
Turn your keyboard off and place the switch in the other position. Turn on the keyboard. Everything should be working now.

I hope this works for you.

Albert.

Thank you both for your suggetions and ideas. I will try what you say and let you know.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online