SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61589 - 10/20/02 04:29 PM North of the Gap Again!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Just a short message to all the people who attended and made it a very sucessful day. It was great to meet you all and put faces to a few forum members. A special thank you to Chris Whitehead for carrying out two 'Clinics' and answering lots of questions and to Paul Thirkettle for his 40 minute presentation on the KN7000.
Also thanks to Deanna Bell and George Harrison for representing Technote and bringing along a great selection of 'goodies'. We also had the opportunity of hearing the MJA50 Bass Speaker unit, whilst Paul was doing his presentation. It certainly does enhance the lower frequencies. The general opinion of those I talked to about the MJA50 was that it sounded great but the price tag would make them think twice about buying one. There were also a few adverse comments about the price of the recently announced KN7000 Style Convert disc.
Chris informed us that the current data sheets on the Technics KN7000 web site will be regularly added to and in fact an SD data sheet will be added this coming week. He is also keen to get feedback from KN7000 users, in the form of requests to write further data sheets, for specific functions, which a user feels requires clarification. These data sheets are meant to be user driven so it's up to us to suggest topics - just send him an email or even talk to Chris on the phone.
Maybe some of the forum members 'South of the Gap' would like to think about organising their own Get Together.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#61590 - 10/20/02 09:07 PM Re: North of the Gap Again!
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
How I envy you lucky Brits, who are able to meet as a group for Technics fellowship. Perhaps, however, you all somehow felt this yank in your midst in spirit. I have tried to organize a local group in my area (I live in the Midwest of the USA, Wisconsin to be exact) but so far no success. Perhaps there is just more enthusiasm in the UK than there is here. Anyway, I wanted to thank you for sharing here on the Forum your comments about your North Gap encounter! If any of your "goodies" are available for e-mail or ZIP download, perhaps you might consider sharing them with us. Cheers, my British friends!!

#61591 - 10/21/02 02:26 AM Re: North of the Gap Again!
Bill Norrie Offline

Ted, Just in case you are not aware of the Technics Web Site, Have a look here : http://www.technicskn7000.com/software.asp?catid=31

Cheers

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#61592 - 10/21/02 02:49 AM Re: North of the Gap Again!
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
From the only 'North' who attended the 'North of the Gap' get together I would like to record my personal thanks (and I'm sure I speak for the rest of those attending) to Bill for organizing the 'do'. The event was highly successful and I'm sure that everyone came away the happy memories and some extra knowledge about the 7000.
Thanks again Bill for all your effort.
John 'North'

#61593 - 10/21/02 11:13 AM Re: North of the Gap Again!
Brian Goodison Offline

Loc: Bridlington. East Yorkshire.En...
Hi Bill
I too would like to express my thanks for all your efforts in making the meeting a success.
Also thanks to Chris,Paul For their polished presentions,Dee and George for selling me KN7000 and finally John North for all the help with my playing and queries. It was nice to meet all the forum members who attended putting faces to names

Regards

Brian

#61594 - 10/21/02 11:46 AM Re: North of the Gap Again!
DaveT Offline

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Well where to begine, I think that has to be if you didn't attend then you missed a great day of "Chat & Learn" that has to be the success story for Bill's very well organized and run "North of the Gap". Thank you Bill.
I would also offer my thanks to Chris and Paul of Technic's it was so nice to meet two people who offered so much help and advise to, I believe, everyone there. Chris's knowhow workshops and question and answer sessions were very good. He explained everything in such an easy and understandable way, there was none of the "Well if you no not understand the Technical jargon, forget it". Then Paul's KN7000 presentation well what else but "STUNNING"
Then on top of that thanks are also due to Dee and George who brought along all the Technote goodies and the special offers. What a nice suprise that was.
But the icing on the cake was Bill's free draw, by the way who won the "VINO" I missed the draw? I must have been in the laddies.
I started off by saying the not present one's missed a great day out, well keep watching the forum as I have already heard the whisper "We'll have to do this again" what a great idea.
It was very nice to be able to talk to John and Jan also, you are no longer faceless e-mail or postee member's of the forum. The same goes for everyone else present.
Once again on behalf of my wife and myself to Bill, Chris, Paul,Dee and George thank you for a great day out. Hope you made the gig ok John.
DaveT.

#61595 - 10/21/02 02:24 PM Re: North of the Gap Again!
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Hi again everyone
good day sunday, most enjoyable,nice to put a face to everyone as Dave said, learned a lot
Hey Dave T , tell mrs Dave T that i will bring the sandwiches next time and a few spare and maybe we could make a bob or two
Many thanks to Roger Mepstead who brought his laptop and coversion program all the way from wilshire to show me,it was much appreciated,thanks John for all your help and Bill for organising the get together and to the technics guys for there help, and to everyone who came for making it a "Beautifull Sunday"
Lets do it again,
Jan

#61596 - 10/21/02 03:08 PM Re: North of the Gap Again!
Bill Norrie Offline

Who won the Draw at the North of the Gap meeting ?? Well of course - the ONLY NORTH there - John North (Do I hear cries of Fiddle, Fiddle ? or maybe KN,KN )
Bye the way, it was Dee who donated the Bottle - not me!

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online