SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61944 - 09/13/03 08:00 AM Thanks to ALEC and TECHNOTE
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I would like to make a public thank you and endorsement to Alec and Technote for this excellent manual for the KN7000 they have made available to us. This manual, "Getting the most from your kn7000", is invaluable as is the cd that comes with it.
I can just imagine the hundreds of hours of research that Alec must have put into this work to convert the information from Engineering level to Layman Musician level. I am familiar with Tech Writers and for the most part it is a tough and thankless job. We would be lost without them. Can you imagine trying to learn to USE, NOT PLAY, this KN7 with out the manual or Alec's supplemantal manual. You would be hard put to even turn it on, and get any music out of it, especially if you never played a technics keyboard before.
Last night I got all the 682 custom files installed on a 32 mg sd card and I am now playing the styles that I would have never had in this keyboard without this book, CD, and the info there. This is just awesome. I am now able to use the jukebox, the audio recorder and the song manager without problems. Most of my learning curve is now behind me thanks to this Technote Manual. It is well written, in depth, and an excellent stand alone teacher. I highly reccomend that everyone get the "book" and enjoy the hidden parts of the KN7000.
Best to all
Bebop

#61945 - 09/13/03 10:17 AM Re: Thanks to ALEC and TECHNOTE
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I would like to make a public thank you and endorsement to Alec and Technote for this excellent manual for the KN7000

Now a good idea for your next step would be to purchase (if you can find one) Alec's first book for the KN65/6000 "How Do I do That" this covers a lot of different stuff that is also on the 7000
You maybe pushed to find one now they may still be about somwhere Technote did not publish it

#61946 - 09/13/03 01:20 PM Re: Thanks to ALEC and TECHNOTE
desertrain97 Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA 18020
Glad to here it as I just ordered the manual and PC writing software from technote. My keyboard should be arriving any day.. I'm new to the forum but not technics...Been playing in a 3 piece band since 1995 and started with the KN1000, since then I purchased and worked with the KN 2000, KN 5000 and now the KN 7000...The SD card did it for me as well as being able to incorporate real audio into my sequences..I love the technics line and know my past keyboards inside and out and look forward to using this forum with my new purchase. Appears to be a lot of knowledge out here. Thanks MG

#61947 - 09/13/03 01:49 PM Re: Thanks to ALEC and TECHNOTE
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Johnny C.
It was because I got the first book that I did in fact purchase the second book. I hope all those that did not get the first book will be able to find a copy. Walt Tenay was offering them on this forum last I saw. He may have some more or if there is enough interest he may have another batch printed up for advance orders. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO WALT are you LISTENING????
Desertrain97 MIKE, Big welcome to you on your first post to the Technics Forum. We are always happy to see someone with your experience joining out big happy family. I am sure we will be of help to you on your new k7 as you will be help to us as you develope your learning curve.
Beth City, PA right? We got Larry Hawk from somewhere up there in that neck of the woods. He will be saying hi to you here in the forum as soon as he sees this. Maybe you two already know each other??
Thanks for Joining us
Best to all
Bebop

#61948 - 09/13/03 03:45 PM Re: Thanks to ALEC and TECHNOTE
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Speaking of the devil....

Welcome desertrain97

I suggest you sign up for Bebop's Mail List, that is, if you don't mind some bad jokes comming your way. Seriously he sends out some good info, and some Technic Files sent in by others. However most of the Easy Record Songs may be at Cee's web site: http://www.keso.nl/

What is the name of your band,and what type of music to you play?

Bebop is right, I am from Allentown, (Bethlehem) also know as the Lehigh Valley.

There are other members of this forum from this area also. I'm sure you'll get to know them soon.

Have fun with the 7000..it's awsome.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#61949 - 09/14/03 06:40 PM Re: Thanks to ALEC and TECHNOTE
desertrain97 Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA 18020
Thanks to all for the welcome!!

The name of my band is Desert Rain,,,We play mostly retro top 40 from the 60's to today; in the greater Lehigh Valley area...I have always used the Kn keyboards with much success,,I use them with as mackie sound system and people cannot believe the sound for 3 pieces...Bought most of my technics boards from Melody Music (Ivan & Elanor Flock) in Allentown..A note to our moderator,,I also bought my KN 5000 from Caruso Music and had no issues. I look forward to this forums knowledge and insight and hope to contribute as well...I sequence a lot of my own stuff as well as start with general midi files and "upgrade them" with better sounds as well as add some "personal touches"...again, thanks for the welcome...should get my new kn7000 on Tuesday.

#61950 - 09/15/03 06:25 AM Re: Thanks to ALEC and TECHNOTE
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
desertrain..... Hi and WELCOME !!! ... I purchased my kn1000 and later my kn6000 from Caruso .. no problems....
Lot's of luck with your band, and yes, there is a LOT of knowledge out here.....
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online