During the past 2 weeks I had made a couple of requests for assistance from forum family members ... The deal was that I had been asked to sing 3 songs in church for my niece's wedding ceremony (I had never sung solo during a church ceremony!!!) ... While I was doing okay preparing MY songs, the female vocalist and the organist were having difficulty getting THEIR act together, and last week I got a frantic call for help from my niece ... the organist had backed out ....... Bottom line: I had to get or create back-up music for the female vocalist ... I was able to get a midi to "The Prayer" off the I-net, and my niece got a backing track for one of the other songs ... I ended up creating back-up sequences on the kn6 for 5 other tunes ... fortunately, they were Contemporary Christian Songs with a simple '8 beat style' ... It still took a lot of work and time, but it was fun creating orchestrations and putting all the instumental parts together together .... The vocalist showed up at the wedding rehearsal on Friday, not having prepared any of the songs (she "had been working on an opera she performed in the night before") ... I gave her a tape of the sequences to work on .... we got together an hour before the wedding on Saturday and went through the tunes ... The ceremony went beautifully and the music sounded wonderful (the vocalist did come in one measure too soon at the beginning of one song, but we quickly corrected that) ... after the ceremony, some people asked how long the vocalist and I had been working together ... it was great to say "ONE HOUR" ...
Lastly, due to travel arrangemnts, I could not transport the kn6 in its case ... I remembered someone on the forum a while back suggesting using a 'golf club travel bag' for the kb.... of course I was even more careful than usual, but it worked GREAT !!! ... Once again, I want to thank all the forum family members who answered my calls for help ....
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-16-2002).]