SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63720 - 01/30/02 10:40 AM KN 6000 - Wersi
TommyNihlen Offline

Loc: Eslöv Sweden
I am very happy with my KN 6000 but I found a leaflet of some new Wersi keyboards/organs the other day. They look impressive but do anybody know how they sound in comparison with the KN 6000?

------------------

#63721 - 01/31/02 01:42 AM Re: KN 6000 - Wersi
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
While I can't give you a comparison there has been some discussion lately about the Wersi Abacus on the Arranger Keyboard Forum.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 01-31-2002).]

#63722 - 01/31/02 02:16 PM Re: KN 6000 - Wersi
TommyNihlen Offline

Loc: Eslöv Sweden
Thanks Nigel, but after reading that I think I have to listen to it otherwise I will have problems to sleep.
Regards
Tommy

#63723 - 02/02/02 05:02 PM Re: KN 6000 - Wersi
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Tommy, I have converted many Wersi styles to the Technics format, and you can believe me when I tell you the sound is nowhere as nice as the Technics. I always have to put in a lot of work tweaking this and that to get even a passable sound from the style. I probably won't waste anymore of my time on this particular brand. I have better things to do. But, your choice is still always your choice.

#63724 - 02/02/02 11:23 PM Re: KN 6000 - Wersi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tommy
Idon't know how it is in Sweden but in the U.K. there doesn't seem to be many daelers who will sell Wersi and as good as they might be, the part exchange value isn't very good. This always something to consider. when you want to exchange a Yamaha or a Technics then you have a better chance of getting a better deal.
Quote:
Originally posted by TommyNihlen:
I am very happy with my KN 6000 but I found a leaflet of some new Wersi keyboards/organs the other day. They look impressive but do anybody know how they sound in comparison with the KN 6000?

#63725 - 02/03/02 12:00 AM Re: KN 6000 - Wersi
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
Tommy, I have converted many Wersi styles to the Technics format, and you can believe me when I tell you the sound is nowhere as nice as the Technics........

Bud, no convert from another brand will sound as
good as on the keyboard "where it belongs".
There are too many parametres and native sounds
who don't follow in a converted style.
To compare, you have to look at the "real thing",
or else it will all be wrong regarding to sounds
and how the equipment works.
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 02-03-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#63726 - 02/03/02 01:37 AM Re: KN 6000 - Wersi
technicsplayer Offline

I agree with Gunnar, some makes of conversion come out nearly perfect straight away, others sound terrible and need extensive editing. It is not even consistently a brand issue. But none sound as good as the original keyboard without editing. They are played with that particular sample source, change the samples and the 'feel' of the playing starts to go. But you can get good results with editing, as you may have seen from the free styles at http://www.keynotepublications.com/ and http://home.c2i.net/gjgotaas/

But Bud is right about the Wersi conversions, with no tweaking some can sound pretty unimpressive - you must listen to the original keyboard.

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 02-03-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online