SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63951 - 11/25/06 10:57 PM Data transer from KN5000 to KN7000
Almin Offline

Loc: Geraldine, Canterbury, New Zea...
I've been trying to use a program called MDBC (Music Data Base Converter from Keysoft Service) to transfer my KN5000 song data to my KN7000 SD card. The transfer is not going well with corruptions happening. Is there a better way please?

------------------
Alan Minnear

#63952 - 11/26/06 04:53 AM Re: Data transer from KN5000 to KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

not many details to go on here as to what is going wrong and I did all this a LONG time ago but from memory...

You need a Techmanager5000 backup of each partition (this creates an overall index file(s)).

Load the backup into MDBC which lists the filenames, select all to transfer or those to ignore, names will be cutoff to 16 characters on the SD.

There were 2 save options, create an SDB backup file for later restore to the card, or, save direct to SD card in a compatible card reader.

The SD card MUST be big enough for all the data, which for the 5000 backup could mean being 3 or 4 times the size of the backup size on your hard drive, ie your backup properties say 50MB, you may need a 256 SD card to prevent transfer corruption due to the larger cluster size on a KN7000 formatted SD card.

I seem to remember I transferred direct to card via the Panasonic reader and this worked well, but it was all a long time ago now. Keysoft used to have a service to transfer for you if you supplied the drive and card so if you can get in touch with Roland Schmidt he may still be able to help.

Otherwise you could just dump the whole backup onto a blank SD card in the correct SD folder structure, but the names appearing in screen will be the numbered index names 00101 etc, and even using a program like SD explorer to copy and paste the correct filenames from each ttx file would take a l-o-n-g time, getting MDBC working would be a far better option.
Good luck.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online