SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65047 - 05/21/05 01:27 PM Music for Star Eyes
avarga Offline

Loc: Brea, California, USA
Hi, Does anyone have the music for an old song called Star Eyes? I printed the melody from a midi file, but have to put in the chords, and some of them have me stumped. Thanks, Allene

#65048 - 05/21/05 02:28 PM Re: Music for Star Eyes
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Allene,

I don't know the particular song but some of the current sequencer programs do a reasonable job of determing chords from a MIDI file and will print them out on a lead sheet for the melody track. The one I have is Power Tracks Pro available from http://www.pgmusic.com. No doubt other members can tell you of other suitable programs. Alternatively if your existing program will print a complete score of the MIDI file (It may be be necessary to merge tracks first) and you then play the notes your KN should display the chord. For this it is probably best to have the KN chord setting in piano mode. Either method will possibly require some fine tuning of the chords for the best result.

Cheers
Len C.

[This message has been edited by manorcourt1991 (edited 05-21-2005).]

#65049 - 05/21/05 02:30 PM Re: Music for Star Eyes
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by manorcourt1991:
Hi Allene,

I don't know the particular song but some of the current sequencer programs do a reasonable job of determing chords from a MIDI file and will print them out on a lead sheet for the melody track. The one I have is Power Tracks Pro available from http://www.pgmusic.com. No doubt other members can tell you of other suitable programs. Alternatively if your existing program will print a complete score of the MIDI file (It may be be necessary to merge tracks first) and you then play the notes your KN should display the chord. For this it is probably best to have the KN chord setting in piano mode. Either method will possibly require some fine tuning of the chords for the best result.

Cheers
Len C.

Sorry folks I pushed the wrong button when correcting the address for PG Music and am unable to delete the original incorrect version.

[This message has been edited by manorcourt1991 (edited 05-21-2005).]

#65050 - 05/21/05 02:51 PM Re: Music for Star Eyes
avarga Offline

Loc: Brea, California, USA
That was quick! Thank you Walter and Jean for the sheet music and Len for your advice. Much appreciated. Allene

#65051 - 07/05/05 05:51 PM Re: Music for Star Eyes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Allene,
I came accross this site www.Synthzone and had to write that I have an old copy of Star Eyes from a hand written fake book. It has some great cord changes. I play Star Eyes on Alto Sax with a midi track I played on piano. Great Song.

Rob

#65052 - 07/05/05 06:45 PM Re: Music for Star Eyes
Garyv Offline

Loc: Michigan / Florida--USA
Allene,
check your email
Gary

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online