SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#66589 - 02/24/08 03:08 AM Re: Style Sorting
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Elizabeth
The connecton to the pc is only for downloading upgrades in the MPP and transferring Freehand files that are scanned and converted in the pc. The power to the MPP is AC or battery.

In reference to swapping file locations. I keep track of changing locations on the SD card with Fred Melinks program, by putting the card in a reader and saving and printing the index(listed as an option in the menu). However, with the thumb drive for your MPP, or internal memory, be careful about making playlists then changing the location of the source. The MPP will not be able to find it, and you will have to build new playlists. This can be done easily enough, but try to get organised beforehand to prevent too much swapping.
Bernie

#66590 - 02/24/08 10:35 AM Re: Style Sorting
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Elizabeth - Yes, the index of the SD card I sent you of my recordings was generated by using one of the features of the excellent SD Explorer program.

So you have now received your MPP - you wrote me last month and told me you were buying a used Music Pad Pro and had asked the seller to leave you some music sheets on it.

What software version issue is it loaded with. You can tell this if when you turn on the MPP, after loading you finish up with a page with the logo of the Freehand Systems with 3 lines of information at the bottom of the screen. The top line of these three tells you what software release it is.

Mine reads

Music Pad Pro 4.0.6
Copyright @ 2001 etc.,
etc.,

I believe that there has recently been an upgrade released. I am quite happy with my version and do not know what "enhancements" etc., the latest version has.

The reason I am asking this as I think earlier versions of software levels may not read later version of music from other Pads.

Bernie or Bob - do you know what enhancements this has and if it is worth upgrading.

Can't recommend the manual!!!

I had a terrific amount of help and support from Johnnie Barr in the initial stages and indeed since and consider him a friend and real treasure. Bob Hendershot also, who had just undergone major surgery about the time I acquired my MPP has also been most helpful and generous with his tips, music and encouragement. Without this forum we would never have "met".....

Good luck Elizabeth with your new toy.

Email me and let me know how you are getting on and if I can help you then I will - Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 02-24-2008).]

#66591 - 02/24/08 10:44 AM Re: Style Sorting
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Elizabeth,

I think Bernie is right to suggest you get organised BEDFORE making your Playlists and the KN SD Explorer Tool would be the easiest and quickest way to get all your SD Cards sorted BUT, the downside is I don't think you can purchase this now as Fred gave up the production sometime ago.

However, if I were you I would check with him first, he may be able to help. The email address I have for him in my address book is:-

f.mellink@chello.nl

It's worth a try as it will save you hours of work.

Good luck!

Audrey

#66592 - 02/24/08 12:58 PM Re: Style Sorting
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Hi Joan,

The latest software for the MPP is 4.0.10. It is a big improvement over the version that you have. Several bugs were solved as well as improvements in file transfers. The software now works with Windows Vista.
Scroll bars were made much larger so that it is much easier to find stuff when you are using the browser. File importing to the MPP now includes a "deskew" function to help solve problems with scans that are not perfectly aligned (maximum correction of 2 degrees). It is well worth the upgrade.

Elizabeth, I will be in touch by email. I think we've managed to get this thread off on a tangent from it's original intent.

#66593 - 02/24/08 01:19 PM Re: Style Sorting
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOAN.... The software is 3.1.3

#66594 - 02/24/08 01:32 PM Re: Style Sorting
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
That reply prematurely posted!

Joan... to complete what I wanted to tell you. I went to Fred's site to check on the SDEXPLORER. I will contact him to see if the program is still available... to work with in the sorting stages.

AUDREY.... Thanks for the "heads-up." I had determined that getting Fred's program will be a good idea.... Thanks for his email..

BOB H. Thanks for the info on the newer download to the MPP program....You are correct, I did alter the focus here on this thread... (I sent you an email this morning.)

To let you all know... Fooling with the MPP attached to computer this morning and reading in the pages I have printed out of the Users Manual, I was able to see the music loaded by the former owner. I even sat with it in front of me and played some of Ron Pierce's tunes! Getting used to picking up the stylus and putting that on the MPP that wobbles on my 7K stand, is a lot more trouble than just moving my eyes to the top of the next page in the 3 ring binders! I will have to figure out some way to stablize that sucker!

Back to the SD card sorting focus???
Sorry I intruded Audrey.

ELIZABETH

#66595 - 02/24/08 04:04 PM Re: Style Sorting
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
You did not intrude Elizabeth. That's what this site is all about, helping one another and your MPP is just another method of organising the mountains of music most of us have. I was aking for other thoughts on this subject and this is another idea.

Thank you all for your input.

Audrey

#66596 - 03/04/08 03:07 PM Re: Style Sorting
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Quote:

Hello Elizabeth,

I think Bernie is right to suggest you get organised BEDFORE making your Playlists and the KN SD Explorer Tool would be the easiest and quickest way to get all your SD Cards sorted BUT, the downside is I don't think you can purchase this now as Fred gave up the production sometime ago.

However, if I were you I would check with him first, he may be able to help. The email address I have for him in my address book is:-

f.mellink@chello.nl

It's worth a try as it will save you hours of work.

Good luck!

Audrey

Hi Audrey and all other members,

As long as there are KN7000 and KN2600's around I have KN-SDExplorer available. You can read all information via http://www.vision-4-life.nl/SDExplorer.htm

Regards, Fred

webmaster www.zending-amazones.nl
advocate www.compassion.com

#66597 - 03/05/08 08:42 PM Re: Style Sorting
Adam Glinka Offline

Loc: Des Plaines,Illinois USA
I wish there would be more talk about MUSIC and PLAYING instead of all this technical bla bla..
This forum is getting really boring.

#66598 - 03/06/08 01:26 AM Re: Style Sorting
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Adam
Why don't you post a topic or question on something you would be interested in ? I am sure there are members that would respond.

Bernie

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online