SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66628 - 03/02/08 10:21 AM Accessory Compatibility
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Are the FC2 4 bank foot switch and the Bespeco VM 24 single foot switch, sold by Technote compatable with Yamaha or must the polarity be changed?

Fran in SC

#66629 - 03/02/08 05:00 PM Re: Accessory Compatibility
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Fran,

A few years ago, I needed an Expression Pedal for one of the many Technics keyboards I've owned (I forget which one it was) I bought one from BCK which looked similar to the Technics SZ-E2 but because the polarity was different it worked the opposite way round. e.g: To increase the volume using the SZ-E2 the pedal is pushed forward/down and to quieten the volume it is brought back/up slightly, whereas the BCK Expression Pedal worked in reverse. (Up for volume, down for quietness)

I don't Know whether this would apply to the Yamaha accessories, but if I were you, I would make some enquiries before making a purchase. You could save yourself a lot of time and trouble.

Hope this helps - Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 03-02-2008).]

#66630 - 03/03/08 04:44 AM Re: Accessory Compatibility
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Fran,

Traditionally Yamaha instruments used the opposite polarity to Technics for both expression pedals and footswitches. On recent Yamaha instruments you can select polarity in the footswitch setup menu.
I don't know about the FC2, but the Bespeco VM 24 has a polarity switch.

Len

#66631 - 03/03/08 04:56 AM Re: Accessory Compatibility
Fran D Offline

Len,
I thought the polarity was different. Easy to change the leads if necessary. Thanks Audrey.

Fran in SC

#66632 - 03/04/08 04:43 AM Re: Accessory Compatibility
Fran D Offline

Len,

My good friend Bob Hendershot gave me a tip that I never thought of. Go to the manufacturer and download the user manual for any keyboard you are interested in. This answers most of your questions and is a great way to make comparisons.

Fran in SC

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online