SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67320 - 07/07/08 11:32 AM Recording to cd
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
If I wanted to record a song from KN7000 to a cd, what method should I use? Could I for instance connect to my computer, using the usb port on the keyboard,then record to a cd in the cd disc drive. Your suggestions would be appreciated. Derek

#67321 - 07/07/08 11:46 AM Re: Recording to cd
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Derek
Would that life were so simple...
Firstly it is the sound that you have to send to your PC not data and therefore the connection needs to be made between sound output on your KN7000 and sound input on your PC.
Next your PC has to figure out what to do with this input so a software programme is needed like Polderbits which converts the incoming sound into digital data which you can then save first to your hard-disk in the form of an MP3 file and from there 'burn' it to a blank CD using something standard on your PC like Windows Media Player. All very simple really...honest...
Rog

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 07-07-2008).]

#67322 - 07/07/08 12:53 PM Re: Recording to cd
technicsplayer Offline

yes, it is that simple. With the technics drivers installed in the pc the 7k output can be recorded through the usb cable digitally at a far higher quality than using the analogue outputs and audio cables, the audio recorder software in the technics package (or other recording software) can save the file directly as a wave file with no degradation, which is then simply dragged into nero or other suitable burning application to make a high quality audio cd.

#67323 - 07/07/08 04:59 PM Re: Recording to cd
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The complete process is described in Tech Tip #3 on my website

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67324 - 07/08/08 12:25 AM Re: Recording to cd
RMepstead Offline

I'll keep my opinions about the quality of the Technics packaged Audio Software to myself....
Rog

#67325 - 07/08/08 03:09 AM Re: Recording to cd
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Derek,

Not being very computer literate and the time it takes to use the Technics system, I invested in a Sony RCD-W100 Compact Disk Recorder/Player which is connected direct to my KN7 using the Line In & Line Out sockets. This allows direct recording to CD straight from the KN.

If you're a little nervous about mistakes, the answer is to use the 'Easy Record' on the KN and when you're happy with your 'masterpiece' save it in the normal way. Set the Sony to normal'RECORD MODE' as per instructions, then you can either use the 'sychronisation' or start playing it, and your own saved recording simultaneously and let the Sony do the rest. If you prefer, there is an option to record digitally using an a fibre optic lead, but I am happy with the analogue recordings, so haven't used it and therefore cannot comment on it. This Recorder/Player is very versatile, you can make albums, make your own programmes using a variety of tracks from other CDs, shuffle the tracks and best of all, you can name your tracks which are also transferred to any copies you make.

One word of advice though, The CDs you use MUST show 'Audio' or 'suitable for Audio Recorders' somewhere on the label. Using ordinary CD Recording Data Disks will not work. These are designed for recording tracks from the PC I understand.

I always make a 'Master' and and I always use TDK CD-RW (rewritable) Audio Recordable Compact Disks. They must be 'finalised' in order to play and Sony will request you do this. It's only a matter of pressing the finalising button. You can then take as many recordings as you like from this, using the CD-Rs - which are once only recordings but guaranteed to play on any CD player.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

#67326 - 07/08/08 03:10 AM Re: Recording to cd
technicsplayer Offline

but is is perfectly possible to record cd quality sound as data through usb and the technics audio recorder gives identical quality as any other recording software you may choose to use since you are recording digital direct from the internal sound generators not the inferior analogue audio through jack cables. Other software is just more useful in features to eg tidy beginnings and ends or normalise if needed but will give zero difference in quality of intrinsic sound.

#67327 - 07/08/08 05:50 AM Re: Recording to cd
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
I agree with Alec have been using the technics audio recorder for years to make my recordings with no problems

#67328 - 07/08/08 08:43 AM Re: Recording to cd
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by D.Munson:
If I wanted to record a song from KN7000 to a cd, what method should I use? Could I for instance connect to my computer, using the usb port on the keyboard,then record to a cd in the cd disc drive. Your suggestions would be appreciated. Derek

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, actully all I wanted was to record a cd from
from a prerecoded floppy that I purchased from Carillon Studios one song of which "Happy Birthday"was on the floppy.
Derek

#67329 - 07/08/08 09:24 AM Re: Recording to cd
RMepstead Offline

So do you now know how to do that?
Rog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online