SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67360 - 07/14/08 12:54 AM Help with Auto Accompaniment (APC)
Kennykay Offline

Loc: London, UK
Please can forum members help. I am having some probloems with my kn7000's APC. And I need your kind help. If Alec, Bill Norrie and other very experienced forum members are reading this, please I shall appreciate your kind suggestions.

I play my kn7000 most of the time with the Auto Accompaniment. When I choose a rhythm and a sound on my kn7000 and press START without the APC on, everything seems to be OK.

However, when I turn the Auto Play Chord (APC) on, I find that the left hand side sounds a different key while the righthand side sounds a different key. It confuses me a great deal. Meanwhile, I set the Split point at A2. In the Auto Play Chord Mode, I select the Basic - with the Memory turned ON. I also ensure that the Fingered - On Bass is turned ON; and the Pianist - Left Hand is also turned ON.

I do this because on my previous K5000, I used to turn all of the APC modes on, and still get very excellent rhythm and bass accompaniments with no problems at all. But on my kn7000, when I turn all of them on and select Basic, as explained above, I get very funny sound. Please help advise me on the best settings of the APC mode and how to get the left hand and right hand sounding the same key.

Also, please may I know what the Count Intro (Voice or Click) is used for. This is also located when you press the APC mode button.
Thanks to you and to all for always being so helpful.
Kennykay

#67361 - 07/14/08 08:14 AM Re: Help with Auto Accompaniment (APC)
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
KENNYKAY

While I am no expert with the 7K, I think I know what you are talking about....IF you are playing using the Basic mode fingering.

When that "funny" key from the left hand chording occurs.... Go to the APC screen to see if the "Left Hold" reads "OFF".... If so, this is the cause of the problem.... change it back to "ON".....and don't forget to save everything to SD when you are finished playing....

When I have my KB set up for Auto Play, even though I always save to SD card everything I program into the memories, once in awhile, the left hand "Basic Mode" will go to Left Hold OFF. I only play in Basic Mode with all three of the boxes to the right in the "ON" position.

Why this sometimes happens is a mystery to me. As long as I can fix it, I am a happy camper!

Hope this will be of help for you....

Incidently, you can also program the "Syncro/Break and Start" buttons to work automatically when you start your piece... The Count Intro is just that... I don't use it at all...

ELIZABETH

------------------

#67362 - 07/15/08 05:55 AM Re: Help with Auto Accompaniment (APC)
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Kenny,

Firstly, save all your settings either to Floppy or SD Card. Then do a Factory Reset by turning off the power to the instrument. Then whilst pressing the three lower left buttons in the RHYTHM GROUP section (60s, 70S, MODERN DANCE and SOUL & R&B) at the same time, turn the power on again. Repeat your actions and see if the problem has been solved.

If not, I suggest you read the KN 7 Manual, pages 49 - 67, and then go through each phase step by step on your KN7. This way, you will gain some insight as to how the rhythm sections work.

Also, if you want to save EVERYTHING you are setting up, you must use the EXPAND mode which is accessed by pressing and holding down the blue button in the centre of the Panel Memories wheel. This will bring up two pages. Press the 'Display Hold' so that you can view these pages comfortably. The first page will show NORMAL and EXPAND and whichever is highlighted, will be the one your keyboard is using. You can easily change this by highlighting the other one. Go to page 2 and you will see several options for turning 'OFF' and/or 'ON' various parts which will could also be relevant to your problem.

Lastly, look to see whether you have the MUSIC STYLE ARRANGER button on as this will also affect your settings.

I'm afraid there isn't an easy way to learn about the KN7, it is such a great keyboard and packed with literally hundreds of 'possibilities' it's a matter of trial and error in most cases. However, if you're still experiencing problems, please use this Forum again, I'm sure someone will come up with the answer.

Good luck - Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 07-15-2008).]

#67363 - 07/15/08 08:50 AM Re: Help with Auto Accompaniment (APC)
Kennykay Offline

Loc: London, UK
Thanks everyone for your useful suggestions, and more importantly for your continued support to fellow forum members.

I shall try out the suggestions and hope that the problem I have with APC will be resolved.

Kennykay

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online