SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68073 - 01/30/09 02:23 PM Moving Folders
Glen Coyne Offline

Loc: West London, UK
I have downloaded some KN7000 songs and styles from the internet and installed these into the first 30 folders of my SD Card. I now realise I should have left the first few folders for my own work and need to move the installed folders down to say 20 onwards.

Does anyone know how I can do this painlessly. I don't have the SD Explorer program but do have the Panasonic reader/writer.

Thanks

Glen

#68074 - 01/31/09 02:02 AM Re: Moving Folders
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Glen
As Max Bygraves said 'I wanna tell you a story'....
Having now filled all 99 folders over the past 5 years with styles for this song and that I have long since realised that what you believe you want in terms of an organised way of doing things at one stage is completely wrong 6 months later.
Yes you can use SD Explorer or similar to move stuff around but it's never long term perfect...as you grow so you change.
The SD Card is so quick that searching for that song specific file you haven't played for months is only a second or two uisng the alphabetic search approach.
So don't worry about shifting it all around just find what you want a different way.
Rog

#68075 - 01/31/09 04:31 AM Re: Moving Folders
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
If you really do wish to move your folders around, Fred's SD Explorer is, without a doubt, the way to go
I've used it for a long time and it's great!

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#68076 - 02/01/09 02:59 AM Re: Moving Folders
Glen Coyne Offline

Rog /Bill

Rog, Thats a very good point I tend to use the default folder system for searching songs and when there is something at the end it can be a pain. Not having used my KN properly for some time I had also forgotten about using the Tempo/Program wheel to speed up searching (shame this doesn't work in the audio search menu).

Bill, I think I will have to take another look at SD Explorer. I should have bought it when the Euro/Pound rate was more favourable.

Thanks again

Glen

#68077 - 02/01/09 11:26 AM Re: Moving Folders
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Glen,

I don't know how familiar you are with the SD Card but in case you don't know, you cannot save any more than 99 Folders with 20 songs in each, so buying a card any larger than 1GB would be a waste of money.

However, I believe AUDIO files are a different matter. As I don't use backing tracks etc., I cannot tell you how this is done but Bill Norrie's website has all the information you are ever likely to need. It really is worth a visit.

Also, as well as using the alphabet to load your songs, you can also use the numbering system - shown on the 'loadpage' of the SD card eg: Folder 23, Song 6 so if you are using the dots, the quickest way is to make a note of the song's position on the actual music. e.g. 'Music Is My First Love' in my collection is marked "SD1GB-3 23/6" which tells me the song is on my SD1GB Card No.3, Folder 23, Song no.6. All I do is type 23 and 06 in the appropriate places and before you can turn the page of your music book, the song is loaded. Another quick way to load, particularly if you are playing for a 'gig' is to use the 'FAVOURITE SONGS' saving facility, here you are able to mix and match almost effortlessly - but I'm sure you know all this.

Have fun! Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 02-01-2009).]

#68078 - 02/01/09 11:36 AM Re: Moving Folders
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Sorry about the editing Glen, I think the battery in my PC is running low and I don't have one to hand. I'm having problems with data being read and saved correctly particularly the date which, I understand, is a sign of a battery problem.

Hopefully, I will be up and running smoothly again tomorrow.

Audrey

#68079 - 02/01/09 12:43 PM Re: Moving Folders
Glen Coyne Offline

Audrey

Thanks for the info on the SD Card.

I don't know if you have seen my other post on Sheet Music but I would like to build up a small collection of 'dots' and your idea of annotating each sheet with a song number is a great idea - thanks.

Regards

Glen

#68080 - 02/17/09 11:08 AM Re: Moving Folders
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Glen, I'm a little late in getting to the forum, but you can actually get many thousands of styles on an SD card. Just use the custom memory to store 20 styles at a time into one slot of the folder. Hence, 20x20x99=39,600 styles. Technicsplayer gave a good example of how many different files you could load into an SD card some time back. When you fill all 20 slots in custom memory and get ready to save to SD, be sure to enable custom save.

#68081 - 02/17/09 01:31 PM Re: Moving Folders
Glen Coyne Offline

Bud

Thats a great idea, I would never have thought of that one, many thanks

Glen

#68082 - 02/17/09 09:25 PM Re: Moving Folders
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
GLEN..... Thanks for posting your questions

All of the replies are filled with great information...especially Audrey's and Bud's

Of course Bill and Roger too though I already had what they contributed.....

Bill your website is so very very valuable to so many of us... Keep on Keepin on!
ELIZABETH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online