SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68771 - 06/26/09 05:28 PM Re: Why do I love my Kn7000 (Kn6500)
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bill, Sorry to hear you are not well, Phyllis and I will keep you in our prayers.
John C.

#68772 - 06/27/09 02:56 PM Re: Why do I love my Kn7000 (Kn6500)
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hi Audrey,

Yes, I loved my KN7000 and it had some advantages like easy step record. But live playing, or otherwise said: real-time recording is so much easier that step recording is less needed. But direct recording to MIDI and to WAV, with a mixer, a great microphone with vocalist entry, the superior sounds. For example listen to my song "Bluesette" on http://www.vision-4-life.nl/php_UK/viewpage.php?page_id=17 and tell me honestly: don't you hear Toots Tielemans playing his harmonica. Or the next song "Circle of Smile" And talking about the great sax sound of the KN7, listen to my "Friend of the poor". And how about the oboe: Gabriel's Oboe from the movie "The Mission". All realtime played on the Tyros-3 "Playing for fun and charity"

------------------

#68773 - 06/27/09 04:43 PM Re: Why do I love my Kn7000 (Kn6500)
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Fred,

Good to hear from you. I read your comments on the T3 v. KN7 but you really did say it all because in order to get these wonderful sounds, you invariably have to 'tweak' the onboard ones and that in itself is no easy task and VERY time consuming, whereas most people I know just want to enjoy playing their keyboard.

I realise the potential of having a system compatible with computers, but again, if I wanted computer based music, I could buy software/midi keyboards to do the same job at a much lower price. Not everyone has, or even want to own a PC and I personally would rather sit at a keyboard and play/record direct to a CD than sit at a PC trying to compose my own music then burning etc. - again, too time consuming.

However, I do like some of the inbuilt sounds and rhythms on the T3 but find the whole system 'fiddly' and frustrating - not at all User Friendly, but of course, we all make our own choices in life and if the T3 is for you, well! good luck to you.

Keep in touch.

Audrey

#68774 - 06/27/09 06:21 PM Re: Why do I love my Kn7000 (Kn6500)
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
May I,

The Tyros 3 keyboard is a fantastic keyboard for those who wish to customize the instrument. The amount of features are unbelievable. You can make that keyboard do just about anything but sounding like a Kn7000. Amen! I am not talking about instrument sounds, I am talking about the sound of the complete keyboard, the Kn7000 can not be duplicated with a Tyros3 as good as it is.

And I must agree with Audrey, if you wish to play music and not play computer you stay with your Kn7000 it is already there.

The Yamaha, Korg and Roland forums are primarily visited by younger musicians many of who play many professional jobs each year. That should say it all --- To take that thought a little further --- Listen to one of the young Jazz bands play “In the mood” it loses something -- the excitement is there and so is the technique, but the feel is gone. And so it is with the Kn7000.

John C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online