SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68925 - 07/26/09 10:18 AM Re: Thje audya
abc_doremi Offline

If I listen to a real band playing on stage, then I listen to any arranger keyboard, the audya is what comes closer to the real thing by far. KN7000 was great in its time and still suits the needs of many but as far as quality and authenticity of a real live band, Audya is better. Depends what you like on a keyboard. KN7K sounds like a nice midi file playing instead of a real band playing.

#68926 - 07/26/09 12:57 PM Re: Thje audya
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Sorry,
1-What’s my preference of music?
2-How far do I wish the learning curve to go?
3-And do I want it all?

1-If it’s Big Band – music from the 30s,40’s and some 50’s there is no contest. The KN7 was made favoring that purpose. Audya has great sounds and is a excellent keyboard but it sounds like a band of today playing yesterday’s music. No, no contest.

2-Be ready for a steep learning curve.

3-No --- you can not have it all in one keyboard, if that was so the keyboard would be in my home.

John C.

#68927 - 07/26/09 03:38 PM Re: Thje audya
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks John C, you've told me exactly what I wanted to know about the Audya. It would seem it is similar in sound to the Tyros 3 which most of the time is very good, but the band sounds are as you say, "today's sounds with yesterday's music"

One of our members remarked that they were probably programmed by a young person who has never listened to Glen Miller/40s Big Bands and therefore are unable to capture the realism of that particular sound.

Anyway, now that Audya is off my list, does anyone have the Roland E80, if so, what is that keyboard like?

Audrey

#68928 - 07/26/09 11:08 PM Re: Thje audya
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
G'Day,
I did not start this post with the idea of it being a "mine is better than yours" topic, only as a bit of info. on that on-going debate on the other channel about Audya.coming from a Technics devotee.
I have learnt a lot more about the KN7,Tyros 3, and Audya from the contributors.
One thing that I feel I should point out to any potential buyers in the market is; Any demonstration you hear, is just what that demonstrator wants you to hear and the way he likes to play it. When you buy an instrument, YOU are the one who first has to like what comes out of the speakers, before anyone else. Because we all express what we feel, which relates to how and what we play, and it is always going to be different to whatever form the demo. happened to take.
So never be shy about asking for private and unlimited time to become familiar with any buy you may be contemplating.
Just my 2 cents worth

------------------
Ray The Saint

#68929 - 07/27/09 01:05 AM Re: Thje audya
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The E80 is getting on in years now, and while one or two features are still good, it has been left behind by other manufactures, (Hence the big price drop of the E series which places the E80 not much more than an S900) so a new board is probably on the cards. (The economic downturn will probably delay it though)

When playing older music, most people seem to set it up so that it sounds like the recordings of that era, (Some even add pops and scratches to the style) which is not how the real band sounded, (Recordings though good for their day, can not be compared to the sound of the real band) so always take this in to account when comparing old with new.

You may also like to read my Festival review where I compared all the boards that are available. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/019567.html

Wersi are also showcasing a new keyboard in the UK in September, (European production should be starting in August, so expect October/November before generally available in the UK) which will be priced similar to the Tyros 3/Ketron Audya so it may be worth waiting before making a final decision. http://www.wersi.net/

Regards

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 07-27-2009).]

#68930 - 07/27/09 03:12 AM Re: Thje audya
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Audrey,
My remarks about the KN7 compared to a Ty3 or Korg are based on the nature of the instrument. Not only the person who programs styles but every thing else about the KN7 – the sounds , the feel, the type of instrument sounds put the keyboard in a different class, not better than the rest – only better in Big Band and the music we love.

The bass sound and the volume of the bass is so important. I searched through every bass sound in my S900 and found none that would do the job. After spend time editing a bass sound I got kinda close, an almost acceptable replacement.

Audrey, you are trying to convert Kn styles to use in your Ty3, do you have any that have already been converted? I would like to encourage again, spend time with your Ty3 it does so much so well. When used for the music it was created for it is so good. I feel you have the best of both worlds. I read in your post where the woman tried the Audya and did not like it, an honest statement but not of value. I have never found the true value of a keyboard until in a short period, it is only after time that you begin to find the true value.
I am leading a premarital class in our church, and I think that’s where I got that last statement. (Smile)

John C.

#68931 - 07/27/09 02:50 PM Re: Thje audya
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello John C

I think you have made a very valid point and that is the overall 'appeal' of the KN7000. I for one cannot walk past it without "having a little play" and it always, but always, makes me want to dance when I hear the quicksteps, foxtrots etc., something the T3 has never done.

Ah well! maybe one day there will be a keyboard produced that 'presses ALL the right buttons' We can but dream!

Audrey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online