SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72176 - 07/30/01 03:14 PM SW1000XG and PLG150DX
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an Athlon 850 running with a Yamaha SW1000XG with the optional PLG150DX plug-in card attached. I'm using Cakewalk SONAR for sequencing. The SW1000XG is running fine without a hitch, however, utilizing the tones from the PLG150DX card for sequencing seems to be impossible to acheive. I downloaded instructions (they involve using a midi loopback device and XGworks) on how to do this very task from Yamaha's own XG Factory website and found that it did not work. I have even gone so far as to remove all the drivers from the system, start from scratch and followed every single letter of those instruction exactly, but again, no response. The directions are specific to Cubase, not Cakewalk, so some of the steps are not applicable. Perhaps that is where the problem lies.
I've talked to Yamaha tech support, and they were extremely friendly but ultimately useless. At one point, I managed to get the PLG150DX to produce tones triggering them from my controller keyboard, so I know the card works, but I have since been unable to replicate that. Basically, here's what I'm after:
How do you make Cakewalk Sonar control the PLG150DX?

If anyone has any insite as to this problem, i'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Steve Chessher

#72177 - 07/31/01 06:06 AM Re: SW1000XG and PLG150DX
DMC Offline

Loc: NY City
have you tried the Studioware for the DX plugin board? You can get it at: http://www.xgfactory.com/downloads/Dx.zip

Good luck,
DudeManCentral

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online