SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72420 - 06/30/99 04:44 PM Yamaha DjX
explosive enterprises Offline

U just got my Yamaha Dj X keyboard about two weels. I have about 10 different drum kits. I was wondering what drum kit I can use to make the same kind of drum sounds you hear on the radio. u know the kind u hear on Snoop and Faith Evans tracks. I have five tracks and one chord tracks. Where do I start? I want to produce music but I dont know anything about music production. Dors anyone have any suggestions and or tips on how to get started? I learning all the functions on my keyboard like reverb and transposing. I like what i am learning and i would really like to get into music. Whatcan the DJC do? HOw do I make baselines? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about any typos.
Peace
One Luv

#72421 - 08/21/99 10:14 AM Re: Yamaha DjX
REAMAN Offline

Loc: London England
What u want is a sequencer like CUBASE of Calkwalk to realy create music the onboard seq is not that good but when it is midi'd up it is wonderfull.
You would lern a lot more about music this way.

#72422 - 09/02/99 07:25 PM Re: Yamaha DjX
M_C_LOVE Offline

Loc: lewisville, tx, usa
Seriously - the onboard sequencer is a joke!

But the keyboard can be cool in a cool environment - particularly Cakewalk. I designed a Studioware panel so you can get some hardcore control of the DJX from your sequencer.

It makes the keyboard far more useful than controlling it from its own panel.

See http://www.abstractreality.com/djx

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online