SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#79399 - 12/02/06 01:56 PM Pulse check time
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I am curious..It is time to check my pulse[not actual]..

I would like to see a head count of those that I have "helped" in some way over the last 7 plus years here..

I also would like to see a head count of those that I have"harmed" over the same time period.

If you do not want to respond , I will understand.

Because I am sure missing the reason why there appears to be both short and long memory loss here..

Maybe my number totals are wrong..please help me find some truth...

If you want to bicker , use one of the other post...there are several running..

I won't be able to read this post till tomorrow morning, since I am gigging out of town..I am looking forward to results..

#79400 - 12/03/06 07:34 AM Re: Pulse check time
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Fran has helped me on several occasions. I know I can always count on him for help and advice when I need it. I know he has helped many members here. Funny how so many have now turned their backs when Fran has extended his hand to many members here--in so many ways too.

It's very sad.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#79401 - 12/03/06 08:09 AM Re: Pulse check time
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY

#79402 - 12/03/06 08:35 AM Re: Pulse check time
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Most everyone on this forum has helped in one way or the other. Fran, you've been great at providing me and others with an unavailable from other places style or midi file converted to other formats. Others have been so helpful with knowledge in operational questions. I for one help in describing all the new models of keyboards that arrive in my store. When I read the views of all the owners of keyboards, it gives me ammunition to take to the different manufactures and engineers for discussion of future models.
So, you see, everyone has great value around here except for the occasional person, and we've seen them slip in from time to time that I think only join in to aggrivate, swear and cause strife in some of us.
I love this forum and wish that everyone could just stick to the topics and that we all realize that what might be considered humor to some can also be considered harmful to others.
Fran and Scott, I have to mention you two by name right now because I'm reading posts that concern you two by name right now and Nigel, if you are reading this.........I would love to just get back to communicating and having a great time on thise forum and let's forget the past and move on with the future

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#79403 - 12/03/06 12:04 PM Re: Pulse check time
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ok, I'll bite.

Personally, I think the goodwill you have worked hard to establish here helping people gained the many years you have been here has been severely damaged by the negative comments you make to many of the fine people of this board. I don't know you personally, but your words wreak with sarcasm and certainly your anti-Yamaha keyboard sentiment has caused many an innocent Yamaha keyboard owner to find help elsewhere.

The mere fact that you are seeking feedback on this topic indicates that you have brought upon yourself much negativity. I personally do not like your attacks and attitudes to some members of this board, especially my friend Scottyee.

I think your a fine person, I just think your spotty behavior sucks big time!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#79404 - 12/03/06 02:44 PM Re: Pulse check time
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
I make an exception this time,I'll bite too.
Unfortunately I missed the original post which was deleted by Nigel as I understood from the now closed thread in the arranger section. What I understood from the closed thread is that there was some criticism given by Taike and Fran about a song perfomance by ScottYee and because of that
Fran looses goodwill??
(Correct me if I am wrong please)
Secondly Fran's humour isn't appreciated by some members?
(Again, correct me if I am wrong)

My opinion:
If you post a song you ask for comments!
So if that results in a negative comment bad luck but a good lesson to do it better next time. There's no need to hide your opinion and write it's so good while you think it sucks. Personally I just don't comment at all in these cases unless I think my critic will help to improve.
And there can be various reasons in cases where I think my critic won't help

Jokes/Humour;
I have no problem at all with it, it's a matter of fact without humour life would be very dull.

Yamaha:
I thought that thread was shut down long ago.

My observations about the recent threads, I didn't see personal attacks from Fran, unless some members deserved it, as they started themselves.

I do like honest people and don't need diplomacy.

So overall in my opinion Fran didn't loose any goodwill.

Fred

By the way I like this bar, I can smoke without a problem with the owner.

#79405 - 12/03/06 04:23 PM Re: Pulse check time
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
O.K. since it's the bar and not the arranger forum I'll comment.
Fran has always been very helpful and friendly to me, many times supplying midi files or styles that I couldn't or didn't find myself.
Scott has also always been ready to help anyone in any way possible.
I wouldn't hesitate to call either for help tonight and I know they would do the same.
It's NOT about honest criticism, it's about the unnecessarily rude way such criticism is conveyed. There was absolutely no reason for Taike to take the criticism to a personal level.
MAYBE most of this is intended to be good-natured teasing, but it's easy to go too far.
I won't comment on any of this any more. Like many others, I will simply pull back and not participate any more unless the discussions return to a higher level.
I must speak up because I feel that Scott is a good person, just as I feel that Fran is a good person and I would do the same for him as well if I felt he needed it.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 12-03-2006).]

#79406 - 12/04/06 01:55 AM Re: Pulse check time
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
Fran i have not been on the forum as long as some but long enough to see that there has been a long standing problem between certain members. When people post their music on a site like this they are seeking appreciation 1st and honest helpful critiqueing 2nd . Members would do well to understand and respond to posts with that knowledge. What might seem like honest helpful critiquing to you wont be recieved that way if it is in response to a poster that you have had clashes with and where there is ongoing animosity.It would have been wiser not to post a response at all.

What has happened here and with increasing regularity is simply insensitive responses to sensitive people. If you had a sore spot i am sure you would not like anyone to keep picking at the sore. Thats what seems to have happened in this latest sad episode.

In answer to your question. Yes you have helped lots of people here on the zone and i am sure you are like that offline but human nature being what it is, its the damnage that you may have caused that will be most remembered. EG President Clinton was one of your best presidents in my view but what is he most remembered for ?

Thats just the way it is.

#79407 - 12/04/06 05:52 AM Re: Pulse check time
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Fran and I have had a srange and wonderful relationship for over 20 years.
(He's strange, and I'm wonderful !)

There is NOTHING he wouldn't do for me, and NOTHING I wouldn't do for him.
That's pretty much how it's been for 20 years ....... we've done NOTHING for each other !

Pulse check? With all the young chickies in the clubs at night, I'm SURE you have one, or you wouldn't keep going back. So, rest easy, my neurotic pal ... you have a pulse.

#79408 - 12/04/06 07:28 AM Re: Pulse check time
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

I also would like to see a head count of those that I have"harmed" over the same time period.

You haven't harmed me. You have even helped me before. And I have thanked you. But you have also been flat-out rude to posters on this forum. You also seem to delight in accelerating a situation to the danger zone. I won't try to guess why you do that; all I know is that you do it.

Peace.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online