SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#82272 - 12/15/05 04:42 PM Re: Decisions, decisions
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

Only the folks from New Jersey north think I live in the deep south. Everyone residing south of Washington, DC calls us damned yankees.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#82273 - 12/15/05 07:47 PM Re: Decisions, decisions
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Hi guys,

I'm another one of those Marylanders who's damn tired of winter already and it isn't even winter yet! I am thankful that I played a luncheon in Columbia today and got back home (northern Baltimore County) before the roads and the traffic got real bad. And I got to call off choir rehearsal tonight. That's a rare treat. I'm kicking back right now with a cold one.

Where's summer and Margaritaville?

Salud,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#82274 - 12/15/05 09:54 PM Re: Decisions, decisions
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Woo-hoo! What a bunch of wusses! I see numbers like 28 and 29 here and you come on like it's the dead of winter or something. Sounds like y'all need to get up here on the cold-ass prairie of Alberta to whip you into shape - and we haven't had a winter here yet.

28, 29? . . . jeez, where's my suntan lotion?

Oh, and those Canucklehead geese, they're down there for just a bit of ice round their ankles instead of over their beaks for a change.

#82275 - 12/16/05 06:29 AM Re: Decisions, decisions
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
High temperature today 26, winds W at 15mph. What should I do, go ice fishing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, or change the starter on my truck in the driveway?

Tom

Tom

#82276 - 12/16/05 06:31 AM Re: Decisions, decisions
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Renig,

When I was young like you I lived in Spokane, Washington, winter's were nasty, and the first year I lived there we had 100 inches of snow in the center of town. It was a beautiful part of the world from May through October, but when winter arrived and temperatures frequently went well below zero, I knew I was a southern boy at heart. I only lasted three years in the frozen north and was smart enough to head south. Now that I'm old, any temperature less than 75 is the dead of winter.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#82277 - 12/16/05 07:02 AM Re: Decisions, decisions
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
I could not live in the extreme hot at the equator or extreme cold at the north or south pole,some people do, but for the rest of us ,its a matter of degrees,mike

#82278 - 12/16/05 07:47 AM Re: Decisions, decisions
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Stopped to talk to a old local Indian setting on a bench in front of walmart the other day, the converstaion turned to the weather, and he flatly stated it was gonna be a cold long winter. Curious I asked how do you Native American"s "just know" if its going to be a mild or severe winter?

His reply. "look'm at size of whiteman's woodpile"

He's probably right, I split about 12 cords of wood this summer, wood stacked everywhere, the wife was stacking and she wanted it handy, I think the bottom drawers on the dresser even has wood in it...

pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 12-16-2005).]

#82279 - 12/16/05 09:21 AM Re: Decisions, decisions
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
The high temperature today is only going to be around 60. I can't decide whether to play golf or just hang out. Oh, these decisions.
Eat your hearts out, Yankees!!
DonM

My wife and I went for a walk last night in the slowly falling snow. The Christmas scenes with the lights glowing in the snow was priceless. Today after work we are going ice skating and then making some hot chocolate. Just like when we were dating.

My son is going snowboarding, and my daughter is going skiing today.

I love the change of seasons.

When you have lemons, you make lemonade.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.

Merry Christmas,

Jerry

#82280 - 12/16/05 09:52 AM Re: Decisions, decisions
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Jerry, God Bless you, I used to do that kind of thing skiing in Vermont..Stratton Mt.
Moonlight in Vermont...beautiful winters in Maine and New Hampshire with nothing heaver than a jogging suit....but MAN when you are pushing 66.....it's too damned COLD.....

Hey Pose....as long as you are indoors and don't have to go out, sit by the fire and burn the wood...Don't go out...remember the song.."BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE" got a lot of
"Coconut and Palm tree wood for you down here"....
TR

#82281 - 12/16/05 09:56 AM Re: Decisions, decisions
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerryghr:
The Christmas scenes with the lights glowing in the snow was priceless. ice skating and then making some hot chocolate.
snowboarding, skiing
I love the change of seasons.
When you have lemons, you make lemonade.
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.

Merry Christmas,
Jerry

I couldn't agree more

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 12-16-2005).]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online