SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#82752 - 01/26/07 07:08 AM Taike, ever heard of a Tango?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey, bud. A company called Geiko, an importer of scooters, ATV's and other motor driven "toys" is selling a Tango vehicle. It is made in Taiwan, has a 200 cc engine, is three-wheeled, with 2 side by side seats, a top, reverse, windshield wipers and will cruise at 60mph. The importer says it will be available in March and it is made by an automobile manufacturer, but won't say who.

We have some Kymco equipment (150 cc scooter, 250 cc motorcycle made in Taiwan), which is superior quality equipment. KYMCO even makes many engines for Honda. Know anything about this thing?

Looks really intresting (photos on the Geiko site, or search for scoot coupe-another three wheeler sold by the same company)

"Little Wolf" could drive it when he comes to visit in 16 or so years!

Russ

#82753 - 01/27/07 05:46 AM Re: Taike, ever heard of a Tango?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Russ,

To be honest, I've never heard about it until now. Sorry, but I can't find any Geiko link concerning vehicles except insurance. Perhaps you can give me the correct link? I did find this link http://www.evworld.com/view.cfm?page=article&storyid=673
No manufacturer is mentioned by name, though. I doubt it'll be Ford Taiwan and the only car other car manufacturer here is Yuen Loong. Then again, it could be a motorcycle manufacturer, Kymco or SYM. Maybe even a bicycle manufacturers such as Giant, Merida or other as they've been very succesful with their electric bikes. Seems like a small step up in that direction, no? Guess I should ask around.

Kymco and SYM make solid motorcycles and scooters although the fancier ones are for export only and can't be bought here. You're right that Kymco manufactures engines for Honda. Actually Giant, the word's largest bicycle manufacturer, started out building bikes for Schwinn and then decided to have a go at it themselves, with great success I might add. Bikes are generally 25% cheaper here then in the US.

I prefer Mapanoy to wait till he's at least 18. He can ride a bicycle, take the bus or tuktuk till then. Driving at 16 is too young in my opinion. I certainly would never get in a car with a 16-year old driver, that's for sure. By the way, my motorbike is a SYM 150cc but I seldom use it now. I prefer to walk everywhere. Distance is of no concern to me. Simply love walking. Am thinking of selling it.

I'll be flying to Laos on Sunday 4th, for a 3-week stay. Another six months to a year and I'll be moving there permanently.

Take care and happy playing.

Taike

#82754 - 01/27/07 06:37 AM Re: Taike, ever heard of a Tango?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Russ,

I think I've found the manufacturer but will have to verify it.

Sanyang:
Industry: Manufacturing, Automobiles, Motorcyles
Sanyang is the primary contractor and International is a subcontractor.

I'll give them a call next week and see what I can find out.

Taike

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online