SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#83192 - 12/14/06 06:36 PM Merry Christmas....or....
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Just wanted to pass along my wishes to all Zoners for the very best this Holiday season, whether you celebrate or not, and thanx for the past year of friendship.
May 2007 bring nothing but the best to you & yours.
Nigel....A special Thanx to you for inviting us into your clubhouse.
My work on the D3200 is coming along nicely, learning more & more each day.

All the Best to everyone.

------------------
...shboom

#83193 - 12/14/06 10:45 PM Re: Merry Christmas....or....
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Very best wishes to you Leon. I hope you have a great holiday season. Thanks so much for being such a good friend on the forum and for your all your very useful advice.

Are you gigging over Xmas or New Year? My band decided to take a break over Xmas. But we do play on New Years Eve at a snow resort at Big Bear just out of Los Angeles. We did the same resort last year and they booked us again. It is a big room full of people so the band can wind out a little more which always makes the guitars sound hotter. As you'd know that is a good thing for a classic rock band.

Hey how did that live recording go with the D3200? Did you end up with some good tracks that you could balance for a live mix?

#83194 - 12/15/06 05:58 PM Re: Merry Christmas....or....
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Yeah....we've already done 2 Christmas corporate parties, we have another coming up, and we have a New Years gig.
The recording went very well. Turned out the ambiant sound from the crowd was just enough, and the mic placement turned out alright also.
I was able to bring up the highlighted solos, etc. very easily.
Still working on the final mix....should make a nice Christmas present for them.
Have a Merry Christmas Nigel, and the same goes for ALL my Zoner friends.

------------------
...shboom

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online