SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#83258 - 02/15/07 04:52 AM Technics KN6000 Tuning problem?
PeterH Offline

Loc: Quesada, Alicante, Spain
I have just brought a used KN6000 and it has developed a problem, if I use a split keyboard all notes to the right of the split a semitone higher than those to the left this includes the chord arranger. If I play the keyboard with out a "Split" all the keys are in tune but the chord arranger is stil out. This may be an easy problem to solve for some of you guys but this keyboard is new to me, can any one help me? I have alredy tried to use the factory reset but this did not cure the problem. I would be grateful for any advice.

------------------
Peter H

#83259 - 02/15/07 07:14 PM Re: Technics KN6000 Tuning problem?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
suggest you post your questions in the Technics forum here in the synthzone. There is a lot of experience and experts in residence there, and they will come up with the correct answers you need.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop
retired Moderator of the Technics Forum in the Synthzone.

#83260 - 02/16/07 04:05 AM Re: Technics KN6000 Tuning problem?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Peter, are you using a preset, or custom registration maybe? Perhapd the previous owner had the spli point transposed for some reason? I haven't had a kn product for quite a few years, so I don't remember much about the layout .... but since it IS used, maybe there was something odd written into the startup set up.

#83261 - 02/16/07 10:41 AM Re: Technics KN6000 Tuning problem?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
If you haven't tried this - go to "Program Menus" - "Sound" - "Part Setting" - and check the "Key Shift" settings for each part ... For all aprts to be in the same key it should be set at '0' ...
Hope this helps ...
t.

#83262 - 02/20/07 01:49 AM Re: Technics KN6000 Tuning problem?
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
This problem has been solved -- wrong foot pedal keeps the glide in open position making the right hand a half step higher.

John C.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online