SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#83646 - 11/02/05 02:17 PM If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Hey, I just wanted to do a little shameless plug here. The 11th annual CCMA awards are happening November 10 in Nashville at the Ryman Auditorium. I'm up for "Musician of the Year" again this year, which I was blessed and honored to win last year. Anyway, at some point during the show there will be an instrumental song played by a bunch of past winners and contenders of the Musician award. I'll be the guy playing the guitar on his lap, left-handed. GAC is broadcasting the awards live during the show. So, a few good thoughts and prayers sent my way on November 10 at 7 PM Central time would be most appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
Rory Hoffman
www.roryhoffman.com

#83647 - 11/02/05 02:30 PM Re: If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'll set the Tivo for sure. Congratulations!
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 11-02-2005).]

#83648 - 11/02/05 02:45 PM Re: If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I'd like to catch it, but what's GAC, same as CMT?

#83649 - 11/02/05 02:56 PM Re: If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
FAEbGBD Offline

GAC (Great American Country) is CMT's closest competitor. CMT is still bigger, but GAC is closing fast. Very similar to CMT.

#83650 - 11/06/05 03:00 AM Re: If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That's a great honor to be featured on this years broadcast as well. I'm not sure if it is available here in Los Angeles but I will look to see if it is. Either way congratulations for appearing again this year.

#83651 - 11/06/05 06:55 AM Re: If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Very cool. We don't get that station up here, unfortunately.

Congratulations. Way to go!

#83652 - 11/10/05 11:44 AM Re: If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Well alrighty there Rory. I personally don't get GAC. Only CMT. I like your Nashville Nights song. Way to go bro! I remember buying my first guitar... I must a went to every gutar store in Nashville and played "at least a dozen or more". I wound up buy a used laminated Epiphone 100 something for 75 bucks at what used to be Thuroughbread Music on Galatin Pike. It's now a Sam Ash. It's north of downtown. I love to go into Gruhn Music and play a dozen or more.

Keep your eye/ear on an up and coming Christian artist Mike Wells (I'm playing keys for him, yeah another shameless plug). He's got a lot of country influence. Take a listen at his web site http://www.mike-wells.com

That Majestic CD was produced there in Nashville. Maybe someday we'll run into each other down there in Nashville.

Anyway... may the Lord continue to bless you and your music and ministry.
Bob
<><

[This message has been edited by RW (edited 11-10-2005).]

#83653 - 11/10/05 12:06 PM Re: If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
FAEbGBD Offline

Thanks. I'm not even nervous yet!

#83654 - 11/10/05 10:28 PM Re: If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
FAEbGBD Offline

I Did It!
And boy was it a thrill. What can I say, To have my own little piece of Ryman Auditorium history, and to have it captured on live tv and video. I'm just a little excited. I also performed at the end of the show as part of a jam with all the other nominees for musician of the year. Didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but that's a long story. Rehearsal this afternoon was a bit odd, some egos getting in the way I fear. I'll be curious to see if it sounded better on tv than it did from the monitor mix on stage; I'm really a perfectionist. But anyway, thank you all for indulging me for the past week or so. I'll try to get some clips up on my webpage sometime soon.
Rory

#83655 - 11/11/05 07:41 AM Re: If you get GAC TV, mark your calendars, I'm gonna be On!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Congratulations! I have it recorded, but haven't had time to watch it yet. I will asap.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online