SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#83949 - 11/14/05 11:32 AM Cushman scooter update...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
My son and I have gotten the bug! I told you about a 61 Cushman Highlander we are restoring. The frame is in one county being powder coated, the rest of the body is in another county, the engine is being rebuilt here in town by a guy who has three restored, show quality three wheelers, 8 Eagles and several step-thru's. We're waiting on a part order from C&R Cushman (grips, clutch, wiring harness and more).We bought a 2nd 51' step-thru Sunday (5 hp), which is all restored except for the paint and some minor body work, and am looking at one of the Eagles (a 56').

Man, these things are fun, easy to work on
and "funky'. Just google "cushman scooters"
to see what they look like.

I'll try to post photos of the Highlander when it's finished...about January 10.

We'll take these to car shows to ride to the bathroom, snack trailers...just to show off.

There are lots of Cushman clubs, and you can easily find any part you need.

WHAT FUN!

"scooternerd" Russ

#83950 - 11/14/05 04:39 PM Re: Cushman scooter update...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow! I used to have one when I was 16 years old, a step through with a kick starter. Top speed was about 40 MPH and it got a zillion miles per gallon. I'm really looking forward to seeing your photos.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online