SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#84803 - 09/20/05 07:11 PM I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I placed my order by phone to Dan O'Neil, owner of Music City in Baltimore, Maryland this evening for the Tyros 2. The anticipated delivery date is late October or early November.
I am super pleased to do business with Dan again. He is the greatest guy to do business with. NO BS, everything straight up, no pressure, a lot of understanding from a fellow musician, friendly and honest. Dan is a good business man and will meet your needs and leave you smiling.
Give him a shot if you are in the market for this keyboard or many others that he handles.
Write him at keyboardcity@yahoo.com
or if you are serious and in a big hurry phone him at 866 348 8876.
I have the # 1 slot for shipment as I made the first purchase from him. You can have the #2 slot if you hurry and get your deposit to him
Thanks Dan, it was good talking with you this evening.
Best to all

------------------
BEBOP
Senior Member SYNTHZONE FORUMS Retired Moderator of Technics Forum
Bill Forrest in Central CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#84804 - 09/22/05 09:12 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Bill, I'll be interested to hear how you enjoy using the Tyros. I remember when you had the Yamaha 9000 Pro for a while but that didn't quite work out for you. Hopefully the Tyros will be better suited to your needs.

#84805 - 09/23/05 08:17 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Bill, I'll be interested to hear how you enjoy using the Tyros. I remember when you had the Yamaha 9000 Pro for a while but that didn't quite work out for you. Hopefully the Tyros will be better suited to your needs.

Nigel, the situation with the 9000 was that it was too big, bulky and heavy to take in the motorhome where I spend a week or two at a time with a lot of time to really get into a keyboard. So I always take one of the Technics that are easier to handle. The KN2600 with SD only weighs in at about 26 pounds and does it all.
When I am in the studio, I am always using the KN7000, and it is very difficult for me to jump back and forth between two entirely different operating systems.
The T-2 will travel with me and I will really have a chance to get into it. I really like everything I hear and read about it, plus the fact that some people I respect are planning to buy it and use it professionally.
I am going to start selling everything in the studio and ultimately get down to one or two keyboards, my Motion Sound KP200S Stereo Amp, Mic, and the laptop. Then it will be:
HAVE MUSIC, WILL TRAVEL, AND WORK FOR GAS
Jann and I traveled full time in our RV for 5 years and played Concerts in Churches all over the US, often every night with our traveling revival team. Jann played Piano and I played in house organs, and some were really dogs
We are seriously considering getting in the new motorhome and going traveling again for the rest of our days and maybe ultimately find the right place to settle in. Do you think that is too ambitious for a 74 year old has been musician? Somehow I just can't seem to get it out of my system
Best to all

Bebop

#84806 - 09/23/05 08:57 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Do you think that is too ambitious for a 74 year old has been musician? Somehow I just can't seem to get it out of my system

Bebop, go for it and don't look back... good luck.

Glenn

#84807 - 09/23/05 01:14 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Sill....you and Jen get your butts down here
it's a great drive, by the way... you will love it down here and I promisse to take good care of the two of you.....Oh, make that the 3 of you...you will bring the Tyros II with you won't you????? hehehehe
Tony Rome

#84808 - 09/25/05 11:06 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Dan O'Neil owner of Keyboard City in Baltimore where I ordered my Tyros 2 has his first allottment nearly sold out. After this first group is sold they will be back ordered to the next allottment.
I think this keyboard is going to be a big seller in the Technics Community.
I have been doing more research, playing more demo's and listening to the new sounds and I am getting anxious. Two more of our members have also placed their order with Dan.
Just had a phone call, Make that three more Synthzone members have now ordered from Dan
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 09-26-2005).]

#84809 - 09/28/05 03:57 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Tom in San Francisco another technics owner player has just joined Scott Yee and I with his order, so there are going to be three Tyros 2 in our area. Two more ladies on my email lists have also ordered from Dan O.
he must be running out of order blancs by now.
I can see the next synthzone Jam at my place here in San Jose being all Tyros 1 and 2
Psssst, anybody wanna buy 4 Technics keyboards?
Bebop

#84810 - 10/27/05 06:13 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
kn7000 Offline

Loc: Melbourne,Victoria.Australia
Hi Bebop. Kn7000 here from downunder. Boy! What a blast. The new Tyros is Fabuuuulous! I know exactly how you felt with the 9000. The same as i did with the G-70. Too big and heavy. I am getting too old to lug around a big anchor, but the Tyros 2. Man I'm in musical heaven if there is such a place. It is definely worth waiting for. Now if only Yamaha can keep up the good work on the servicing of their customers. I found out Yamaha doesn't have too good a reputation down here in Ozzy land. Regards Bill

#84811 - 10/27/05 06:48 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Do you think that is too ambitious for a 74 year old has been musician? Somehow I just can't seem to get it out of my system
Best to all Bebop

Bebop.......
Put it in 4th Gear.....& put the pedal to the metal my friend.......your doing YOUR thing & thats all that matters!!

#84812 - 10/27/05 02:09 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Bebop.......
Put it in 4th Gear.....& put the pedal to the metal my friend.......your doing YOUR thing & thats all that matters!!

Donnie,
The Allison tranny in the new motorhome has 5 speeds. It is me that only has 2 speeds, slow and slower
BEBOP

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online