SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#85521 - 06/29/06 03:09 PM Hammond Memorabilia
analogcontrolfreak Offline

I was browsing though one of my favortie antique stores, and bought an old bench for a Hammond Console Organ, for $40.00. What sold me, was the instructions for maintaing the organ were stapled to the inside of the lid. I know it's a bit odd to have a bench, and no organ to go with it. Which is okay, I have a piano bench in my bedroom, and no piano. I wish I could post a picture of the organ bench on here, but I can never get the photos to work. Also picked up an owners Manual, for a Hammond Model J-100 Series.

I am really starting to get into Hammond Organs, and Memorabilia. Have sevral Hammond organ CD's Mostly Joey Dfrancesco, and one with Tony Monaco. Plus I have a copy of Mark Vail's The Hammond Organ Beauty in the B Second Edition.

#85522 - 06/30/06 05:08 AM Re: Hammond Memorabilia
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hammonds are GREAT! What makes the difference is the Leslie (tube Leslies are the best). I'm lucky to keep a B and a 147RV at one of my regular jobs. I play it about 24 times a year. I also use a suitcase Rhodes on the same job. It's definately "old school", but there's nothing like it. Fun, but would NEVER want to move one again!

B-3's are the benchmark, but little M's are not too bad. They're also tone generator instruments. Many players my age hauled an M around on one nighters for years. I just bought a near perfect M for $250.00. They're easy to find and cheap. Of course, tube Leslies are another story. MotionSound amplifiers give a real doppler effect and aren't bad.

Try one...you'll be hooked.

russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-30-2006).]

#85523 - 06/30/06 01:49 PM Re: Hammond Memorabilia

Yea, but haulling an M up three flights of stairs would be, a bit tricky. Unless I hired movers. I don't know of any Music stores in Maryland that sell Hammond Organs. Most sell those newer, single manual Hammonds, made by Hammond Suszuki.

#85524 - 06/30/06 11:00 PM Re: Hammond Memorabilia
Sanvean Offline

Loc: UK
Hire Laurel & Hardy......lol

#85525 - 07/01/06 02:10 AM Re: Hammond Memorabilia

LOL That's a good one Sanvean.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online