SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#87586 - 09/22/08 04:38 PM Re-discovering vinvl
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Most people in my age and older, grew up listening to vinyl. The medium that predates, CD's and mp3's. as most of you know. I collect antique phonographs. Well I decided to ecpand my music collection, to inculed vinyl. So I bought myself a professional turntable from amazon.com. It's an audio-technica. The type DJ's would use. The sound qualltiy is amazing, and it's very durable. I also like the fact, that it will play 78's. So now I can collect those as well as other lp's. My mom was the one, who suggested, that I ought to collect vinyl. So know I can exopand my collection.

Thank you Mom!

#87587 - 09/23/08 08:22 AM Re: Re-discovering vinvl
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Yo, dude! Vinyl is GREAT!There's a place here in Lexington called POPS that is one of the major sellers of vinyl in this part of the country. Everything is neatly arranged by artist. I buy lots of old 45's and albums there. I think they stock over 60,000 pieces. They get new material every Thursday and there's a line of collectors there waiting for the delivery.

Lots of old stuff other than vinyl...cameras, instruments, electronic gear of all kinds.

You'd love POPS!

Russ

#87588 - 09/23/08 08:28 AM Re: Re-discovering vinvl
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Thank You Russ!

#87589 - 09/24/08 06:22 PM Re: Re-discovering vinvl
gittzit Offline

Loc: Benton Ar
I was a dj more than 40 years ago and have collected more vinyl than you could imagine. Best sound is with vinyl. Never will better sound.Its great to pull out a album or single record and listen to how it was done back when....Joe Lee

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online