SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#87690 - 10/30/08 05:12 PM Re: Joe The Plumber
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I wanna hear the ray charles joke. Seriously, I've never been offended by stuff like that. Guess I'm just wired wrong.

#87691 - 10/31/08 02:22 AM Re: Joe The Plumber
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
I wanna hear the ray charles joke. Seriously, I've never been offended by stuff like that. Guess I'm just wired wrong.

Okay, you requested it. But the fact that I even remember it, says something (not so nice) about me.

"What do you call a tennis match between Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder?"

"Endless Love".

#87692 - 10/31/08 08:35 AM Re: Joe The Plumber
Notes_Norton Offline

Loc: Ft. Pierce, FL , USA
There is a lot of lies and propaganda from both sides. I ignore it and look at voting records.

But in this election...

All I need to know is the Republicans have had complete control of our nation for the last 8 years, and they did a horrendous job of running the government.

* The economy has been in a recession since they took office and it is now the worst recession since the great depression

* they dropped the hunt for the people who attacked us on 9/11 and instead attacked a sovereign nation who had nothing to do with 9/11 wasting a million lives and running the national debt to over $10,000,000,000,000.00 making almost everything we purchase more expensive (worse than a tax increase) - This attack on sovereign Iraq put us into the category of world terrorists.

* they have nuked the anti trust laws that used to protect us from the price gouging that the oil companies have done to us

* for the second time (remember the S&L bail out under Reagan) they passed policies that allowed the banks to give out bad loans and then had the US Taxpaying public pay off both the loans and the interest (why should I pay for a house that doesn't belong to me - will I own part of it?) and then did not even fine the banks or the CEOs one penny. Are they going to bail out my retirement fund? Not a chance. They all belong to a club that I'll never be invited to join.

* their economic policies ruined the life savings and retirement funds of millions of hard working American citizens

* they have resisted all efforts to slow the global environmental crisis

* they openly violated the US constitution and took away many of the rights and freedoms of US citizens, opened illegal prison camps where they incarcerated and tortured prisoners and denied them legal defense to prove their guilt or innocence first.

* Judging from the HBO video posted here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...cking+democracy , Bush did not win either election fairly, but did so because Deibold and the Republicans rigged the election (Estonians would riot in the streets if their election was rigged like that)

Given all of the above, I'd be crazy to vote for McCain and Palin (McCain said we will be in Iraq for 100 more years and Palin was quoted in an AP news story as saying we should go to war with Russia).

Do you want 4 more years of Bush Blundering and Piracy? I don't.

#87693 - 10/31/08 12:52 PM Re: Joe The Plumber
FAEbGBD Offline

Well, one thing your extensive research got wrong, repubs have not had complete control for the past 8 years. Dems gtook over Congress in 06, and if there's anybody less popular than the president right now, it's......hate to break it to you.....dem-run Congress.
Wonder what else your research missed?

#87694 - 10/31/08 01:02 PM Re: Joe The Plumber
FAEbGBD Offline

Chas, not so b
ad, not so good either. Completely innocuous though. There is no way that could ever offend me; actually I had to think about it for a little bit before I got it; I don't know much of anything about tennis. Lol. I heard a long time ago that a 0 score was called love, but it wasn't something that stuck in my mind. Had to go look it up. I'd probably have enjoyed it a lot more if I didn't have to do research to get the damn thing. haha.

[This message has been edited by FAEbGBD (edited 10-31-2008).]

#87695 - 10/31/08 02:37 PM Re: Joe The Plumber
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Chas, not so b
ad, not so good either. Completely innocuous though. There is no way that could ever offend me; actually I had to think about it for a little bit before I got it; I don't know much of anything about tennis. Lol. I heard a long time ago that a 0 score was called love, but it wasn't something that stuck in my mind. Had to go look it up. I'd probably have enjoyed it a lot more if I didn't have to do research to get the damn thing. haha.

[This message has been edited by FAEbGBD (edited 10-31-2008).]

Knowing you had to look up the meaning of "love"..was funnier than the joke..

#87696 - 10/31/08 02:39 PM Re: Joe The Plumber
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Well, one thing your extensive research got wrong, repubs have not had complete control for the past 8 years. Dems gtook over Congress in 06, and if there's anybody less popular than the president right now, it's......hate to break it to you.....dem-run Congress.
Wonder what else your research missed?

I don't understand why more folks don't know the real facts...

#87697 - 10/31/08 04:04 PM Re: Joe The Plumber
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Rory, somehow I feel that if we met and got to know each other, we'd probably 'grudgingly' be friends. You're obviously a very bright guy and that counts more than anything else in my book ('cause that means that sooner or later you'll come around to my way of thinking ). Secondly, you're a talented, honest-to-god, REAL musician, and that rates right up there near the top in my 'respect' book. True, we'd probably spend the day from dawn to dusk arguing about politics, but hey, that's what's great about America. No problem for me as long as I'm not arguing with a moron, which clearly, you're not.

I've never been in your neck of the woods though I've always wanted to experience all the natural beauty of the area. Like most Blacks, I feel somewhat uncomfortable about visiting socially and culturally conservative areas of the country. Of course Georgia is no hotbed of liberalism but I'm fortunate enough to be able to live in a very cosmopolitan area north of Atlanta. You can literally go for weeks and never hear a southern accent (not that there's anything wrong southern accents ---well, except that my wife can't understand half of what's being said).

Anyhoo, let's get back to making a little music. I'm outta' here in about 30 minutes.

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 10-31-2008).]

#87698 - 10/31/08 04:37 PM Re: Joe The Plumber
FAEbGBD Offline

I don't think it would be 'grudgingly" at all. I can easily get along with people who are not like-minded politically. But I think you're dream of me coming around to your way of thinking is probably going to remain a dream.

The leader of the gypsy jazz trio I'm in is far left. I like him alot. Although he used to like to throw in his little jabs and jibes during our rehearsals and gigs, which didn't go down well with me, because I chose not to fight back in those situations because I was there to play or rehearse. I decided to take him on via email. It's been quite a spirited debate, but in my mind it has actually improved our professional relationship because he's kept quiet at the rehearsals and gigs. It's worked because I know he's intelligent, he knows I'm not gonna take all his little jabs lying down, and we still like each other at the end of the day.

Hey, Atlanta isn't that far away from Nashville, do you ever get to Nashville? I'm not living in SD anymore. I don't think you'd have too much trouble finding libs here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online