SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88053 - 02/05/09 09:30 PM Moog guitar
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I was wondering if anyone has actually tried one of these. I'm interested to know what it is like.
http://www.moogmusic.com/moogguitar/?section=product&product_id=21130

#88054 - 02/06/09 07:41 AM Re: Moog guitar
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I've seen some press about this one, and am interested in checking it out.

Neat new toy, but I have been thinking seriously of "downsizing" lately.

I'm thinking of selling the King Air and lots of guns and instruments. Recently, I have become aware of a severely underserved section of the population that really needs help.

In light of that, the posessions I have really appear to be indulgent and absolutely self-centered.

I'm not advocating poverty for myself, but maby fly commercially and make do with about 12 guitars, instead of the 327 I have.Don't need ANY of the guns.

That revenue would provide much needed meducal care for some poor, hard-working people. the children who go without in this country really bother me.

Russ

#88055 - 02/07/09 01:21 PM Re: Moog guitar
captain Russ Offline

Nigel,take a look at the Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin. Neat little 40's vibe instrument.

Russ

#88056 - 02/07/09 08:18 PM Re: Moog guitar
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Nigel,take a look at the Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin. Neat little 40's vibe instrument.

Russ

Wow, that looks and sounds very nice for a very reasonable price. I see it is available now with a P90 pickup as well. I checked out a few videos online of the acoustic version and it sounded great.

#88057 - 02/09/09 08:01 AM Re: Moog guitar
captain Russ Offline

Here I go again! I talk a big game about downsizing, and Saturday, I ordered both the Godin electric and an Ibanez Montage. I saw the Ibanez at NAMM, but they haven't made it to stores yet. You can find them on-line, but I'm going to wait for my local dealer to get mine.

Check out the Ibanez, Nigel. I played one in Nashville. They're inexpensive and great for a single act, or a group player who wants easy access to a wide variety of acoustic and electric sounds. The on-board effects are cool, but I'm concernced about the life of the one 9 volt battery that powers it all.

Last year, I picked up one of the exotic wood acoustics with the same body design, and it's really nice. The pre-amp works great and has an on-board tuner, which is really handy when doing a single on guitar only.

I've really gotten into crossover guitars lately, starting with my first Parker Fly. I converted an Ibanez 175 looking axe by adding a piezo, although I need to use an external pre-amp with that one, and can't blend the acoustic and electric sides (two separate jacks). It's a little awkward to deal with the two cords. I usually tape them together with electricians tape. The acoustic Parker I got last year is the best of the lot, in terms of being a useful performance instrument.

The one I'm anxiously waiting for is being made in Spain. It's a double neck, with a nylon string-piezo on the top and a pick-up- piezo on the bottom.

That should really be the ultimate dining room guitar for me. I'm too embarassed to tell you what it's going to cost, but it's enough to rationalize putting wheels on it and a turbo-charger.

Ah, I love my toys. It's an addiction.

R.

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 02-09-2009).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online