SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88222 - 05/19/09 04:56 PM Recent poll results
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The latest telephone poll taken by the Texas Governor's office asked whether people who live in Texas think illegal immigration is a serious problem:

29% responded, "Yes, it is a serious problem."

71% responded, "No es una problema seriosa."

#88223 - 05/21/09 05:58 AM Re: Recent poll results
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the laugh! That's great.

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 05-21-2009).]

#88224 - 05/21/09 08:56 AM Re: Recent poll results
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A survey here in Kentucky says that if 25% of the illegal population were to be deported, building, transportation, farming, the horse industry and the food service industry would be either shut down or severely adversley affected.

There are well thought out arguements/opinions on both sides of the issue.

I have a family I've sort of adopted as their US "Grandpa". The dad works on one of the biggest horse farms in the State and is the # 1 candidate for a new job as a farm manager for a recent acquisition. Mom works in food service at one of the large area hospitals. She is also on a scholarship, with an "A" average at the local junior college.
All three children are at the top of their classes. The daughter played boys varsity football last year, and is highly ranked in the state as a cross country runner.

When I was arranging the sale of the PT Cruiser owned by my friend George who died, with their 727 credit score, they didn't need me as a co-signer. They own their own nice little brick home.

Yet, they're terrified that, if one of them gets stopped for a non-working tail light, they'll end up back in Mexico.

Mom and the kids can go to the local junior college for two years, but cannot go anywhere else without a SS#.

This is a national mess and should be fixed.

And, yes, Fran, it's a funny, sad little joke that points out the essence of the problem.

I'm not pretending to know the right answers to the problem. I just really regret that it continues to exist.

That's because I really like being an adopted Grandpa to my little family. I tutor mom, got the kids pianos, guitars, violins, amps, etc. and give them lessons and have committed to paying for college. I have also had my corporate lawyer do what he can to help with the naturalization process (he couldn't do much; at least not quickly).

In spite of this personal commitment to my dear friends, I'm not saying that they deserve to be here. It bothers me a lot that they're breaking the law. I know of the issues involving the drain on medical, education and social services resources.

It's a national mess, and there's no excuse for allowing it to continue.

"US Grandpa" Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 05-21-2009).]

#88225 - 05/21/09 01:27 PM Re: Recent poll results
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
Question, are there to many immigrants in Britain?
17% said Yes
11% said No
72% said “I am not understanding question please”

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online