SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88444 - 10/09/09 06:08 AM Obama get the Nobel prize.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
WTF..... how can he receive that when according to the way the election process for the Nobel Prize goes he would have only been in office 11 days when the decision would have been made to nominate him.

Don't you have to do something truly amazing to get that and not just make promises of what you are going to do ?.

EDIT... ok fair enough he's as surprised as most are at this. Fair play to the guy, he's a humble man. In time I'm sure he will earn the right to have this award.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-09-2009).]

#88445 - 10/10/09 05:14 AM Re: Obama get the Nobel prize.
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
How to Win a Noble Peace Prize?

Here is a lesson on how to win a Nobel Peace Prize. You cave in to an insane regime in North Korea that is threatening all of our friends in the Pacific with nuclear weapons.

You cave in to the Iranians, who deny that the Holocaust ever happened and who are developing nuclear weapons in the quest to " wipe Israel off the map." You cave in to the Taliban in Afghanistan who are in bed with al-Qaida. Then you announce to the world that you want to disarm America of our nuclear weapons, leaving us vulnerable to every nutcase out there.

I'm sorry this may make our enenmies unhappy, but I agree with Ronald Reagan: peace through strength. Appeasement started World War I and World War II.

"from letter to the editor Providence Journal." Letter was written by a man named Phil Overton.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 10-10-2009).]

#88446 - 10/10/09 08:49 AM Re: Obama get the Nobel prize.
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I made a comment, but decided to delete it.

This thread could get blown out in all kind of different directions.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 10-10-2009).]

#88447 - 10/10/09 01:52 PM Re: Obama get the Nobel prize.
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
It's a love fest, OK? Get used to it. Not even one year as president yet and he gets this. Have conferences and give speeches, and you too could be the next....bla bla bla.
"may the whole world live in peace and love." There, now can I have one?

#88448 - 10/10/09 03:47 PM Re: Obama get the Nobel prize.
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
How to Win a Noble Peace Prize?

Here is a lesson on how to win a Nobel Peace Prize. You cave in to an insane regime in North Korea that is threatening all of our friends in the Pacific with nuclear weapons.

You cave in to the Iranians, who deny that the Holocaust ever happened and who are developing nuclear weapons in the quest to " wipe Israel off the map." You cave in to the Taliban in Afghanistan who are in bed with al-Qaida. Then you announce to the world that you want to disarm America of our nuclear weapons, leaving us vulnerable to every nutcase out there.

I'm sorry this may make our enenmies unhappy, but I agree with Ronald Reagan: peace through strength. Appeasement started World War I and World War II.

"from letter to the editor Providence Journal." Letter was written by a man named Phil Overton.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 10-10-2009).]

Steve-

How have we caved in to North Korea, the Iranians, the Taliban?

Obama shouldn't have been awarded this...who knows if he'll win one on merit down the road.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#88449 - 10/10/09 03:55 PM Re: Obama get the Nobel prize.
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
It's a love fest, OK? Get used to it. Not even one year as president yet and he gets this. Have conferences and give speeches, and you too could be the next....bla bla bla.
"may the whole world live in peace and love." There, now can I have one?

I think he's doing more than just conferences & speeches.

Uninsured South Dakotans (sp?) went from 64 thousand in 2001 up to 100 thousand in 2008. Health Care reform should help thousands in your state.

Looks like South Dakota got more than 165 Million from the stimulus package.

If there's a majority of people who feel like he's doing absolutely nothing, then can we have it back, please?
http://www.state.sd.us/news/showDoc.aspx?i=10578

Let's give the guy a couple years before we really praise/crucify him, ok?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#88450 - 10/11/09 12:32 AM Re: Obama get the Nobel prize.
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Oh, I thought it was the peace prize, not the healthcare/stimulus prize he won. BTW, I wish we could give it back. Wasn't my idea to take it in the first place.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online