SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88563 - 11/15/09 06:04 PM I had a good day Today!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Greetings to one and all. I had a good, no a GREAT day Today. I spent the afternoon antiqueing with my parents, and found a few things for myslef. A Yamaha PSS-130 keyboard, with the orginal box, manual, adaptor, and song book, for $9.00. A Crown Racing Team diecast car, in orginal package. A Country Time Racing Team diecast car, in orginal package. A Matchbox Federal Express truck. Before it became FedEx. A glass PAC MAN jug, and a J.R. Eweing brand beer can, from the TV seires DALLAS! That was a cool find. I found some records, but did not buy any.

Buy, not focusing my attention, on just looking for records, or just saying I would never find anything. I actually did! It has taken me quite a loong time to figure this out. I enjoyed wandering around, and just poeking. Having no destination, or focus on one item. I was able to free my mind, and enjoy myself. Of course having my parents there helped too. We even had a nice dinner at a lovely Italin Resteruant.

For the frist time in a loooooonnnggggg time. I was able to enjoy myself, and find a new hobby. 80's stuff. Finding stuff from my childhood, and growing up in the 80's is really cool. Of course I am looking for the strange an unusal, or unique, but not one spsific item. Instead, I found mutiple itmes. Eevn stuff I did not buy. Like a "V" lunch box. Remember that seris? It's been remade. Or a Knight Rider, or even the Black Hole Lunch Box.

I found a Battle Star Glatica board game from the 80's, and a Teddy Ruxpin toy.

Finding things like this really brings back a lot of good memeoris from rather execiteing decade.

So it was indeed a Great Day!

CHEERS!

Paul

#88564 - 11/16/09 02:58 PM Re: I had a good day Today!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I'm glad you had a great day, AND found such great stuff, Paul.

Last week, I picked up some old 45's I remember as a teenager.

Be well,

Russ

#88565 - 11/16/09 04:23 PM Re: I had a good day Today!

Thanks Russ!

#88566 - 11/17/09 04:22 AM Re: I had a good day Today!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Nice to hear from you again, Paul.

That sounds indeed like a great day looking at old but interesting stuff. Yesterday's trash is tomorrow's treasure. Not exactly trash what you've been going through but still, it's amazing what people throw away. I remember reading in the paper years ago about a guy going through a trashcan and ending up with a genuine Ching Dynasty vase. True or fiction...I don't know.

And then there's my own story. It should've been a from rags to riches story. Alas, it didn't turn out that way. I was a lad of 15 or 16 and had read in the newspaper about a jeweler who, when opening his car door, laid a package in brown paper on the roof of his car. He got in and drove off with the package still on his car roof. Someone found it and took it to the police station. Turned out to be jewels worth a lot of money. Now, a couple days after I'd read that story I was walking home when -lo and behold, there was a brown paper package right in front of my feet. Quick glance left and right. Darn, a neighbor was looking at me. But I'd found that package and I was going to have it. Just didn't want him to know it. No way was I going to share the contents with anyone. So I pretended to tie my shoe laces, quickly grabbed the package and hid it in my coat. Walked home, went up straight to my bedroom, locked the door and slowly untied the package. Eyes closed. I wanted this to be a real surpise. Yeehaw! I was going to be rich! And I became four dead mice richer that day.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#88567 - 11/17/09 04:33 AM Re: I had a good day Today!

I'm sure that's not what you were hopeing for?

#88568 - 11/17/09 04:53 AM Re: I had a good day Today!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by analogcontrolfreak:
I'm sure that's not what you were hopeing for?

#88569 - 02/13/10 04:18 AM Re: I had a good day Today!

oops!

#88570 - 02/13/10 04:18 AM Re: I had a good day Today!

oops!

#88571 - 02/13/10 05:36 AM Re: I had a good day Today!
Tonewheeldude Offline

great selection of 80s stuff!!

I am building a Pac Man arcade machine for my basement

I brought one of those Namco games that plug into a TV set and have lots of photos of original machines. Should be fun.

click here

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online