SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88723 - 02/14/10 06:04 PM General Discussion Dwindling
analogcontrolfreak Offline

I realize, I don't post a lot on here, but I have noticed a few things. Well one in particular. The General Discussion Section has dropped tremendously. When I first joined, a few years ago. That section was long, and had multiple threads. Now it's just down, to two. Where as the Arranger section and the bar are doing quite well. So is the Buy and Sell Section. I gather, there are more Arranger Keyboard players on here, then general synth players.

Paul

#88724 - 02/15/10 12:12 AM Re: General Discussion Dwindling
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by analogcontrolfreak:
I realize, I don't post a lot on here, but I have noticed a few things. Well one in particular. The General Discussion Section has dropped tremendously. When I first joined, a few years ago. That section was long, and had multiple threads. Now it's just down, to two. Where as the Arranger section and the bar are doing quite well. So is the Buy and Sell Section. I gather, there are more Arranger Keyboard players on here, then general synth players.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Perhaps the synth players enjoy playing their boards while the arranger players are more into talking. I often find that most arranger players here on SZ don't really like their boards for as soon as they've acquired the latest model they're already contemplating the next one. This doesn't necessarily apply to Diki, Gary and a couple of others but one would be blind NOT to notice this ongoing trend. Or is it some kind of quest for the Holy "Arranger" Grail?

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#88725 - 02/15/10 01:39 AM Re: General Discussion Dwindling
Tonewheeldude Offline

I havn't been here long, but I quickly noticed most people post everything in the arranger section. So you have to go there to reply.

Also it took me a year to work out how to sign up, so there are not many new people coming along. All the regulars hang around the section they like best.

TWD

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 02-15-2010).]

#88726 - 02/15/10 03:42 AM Re: General Discussion Dwindling

Thanks Guys.

#88727 - 02/15/10 08:08 AM Re: General Discussion Dwindling
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
I can remember a time when people actually talked about synths..

Happy days...

------------------
The Sonic Energy Authority - a sound investment

#88728 - 05/06/10 06:03 PM Re: General Discussion Dwindling

Speaking of the General Discussion Forum, I just posted a new thread on there. Hopping people will come back? plus I lost track of some people on here. Like Ed aka:3351, and some other people. Which I have seem to have forgotten. Especially since I switched from a PC, to a Mac, and from MSN/IE too Safari.

Anyway, I really want to get back in touch with everyone, or at least those I knew before I switched computers. I mean I understand, everyone, has work, and families, and others obligations then to be on here, all the time, but maybe once in awhile, just pop in and say hi, or drop me an email.

paulk17@verizon.net
or
analogcontrolfreak@verizon.net

Cheers!

Paul

#88729 - 05/06/10 07:53 PM Re: General Discussion Dwindling
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
I havn't been here long, but I quickly noticed most people post everything in the arranger section. So you have to go there to reply.

Also it took me a year to work out how to sign up, so there are not many new people coming along. All the regulars hang around the section they like best.

TWD

Well yes it is harder for people to register until they click on the "New Member Registration" link on the top left of the forums. But that has it's upside in that only people that are really serious about participating get to register. Before that I was getting 10 spammers registering each day, and only about 1 in 100 was a serious keyboard user. I don't miss losing all those spammers.

The other reason that the General Discussion has died away is that users of current synth model can discuss them on the manufacturer forums which didn't exist 10 years ago. The General Arranger forum seems to be busy despite there being brand specific forums there is no other forum online that supports all brands on the same forum. While this makes for a breeding ground for arguments and comparison it is unique on the web.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 05-06-2010).]

#88730 - 05/09/10 07:53 PM Re: General Discussion Dwindling
124 Offline

But then again, I just went to look at the Korg-specific forum and it claims to have 342 posts in it. Bringing it up, only one post was present. Why's that?

#88731 - 05/10/10 12:18 AM Re: General Discussion Dwindling
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
But then again, I just went to look at the Korg-specific forum and it claims to have 342 posts in it. Bringing it up, only one post was present. Why's that?

Because you have the Show Topics" at the top set to "last 100 or 30 days". Set it to "All" and you will see all the postings on that forum. Note though they may go back years.

#88732 - 05/10/10 07:22 PM Re: General Discussion Dwindling
124 Offline

Thanks, Nigel. Going back years is cool.

Still, we're not there yet. I set the 'topics' to 'All' and got 78 topics on two pages. Tried the same with a search for no particular word and selected 'All', but again only got the same 78 topics on two pages. Am I still not doing something I should?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online