I co-founded a hockey "simulation" league about ten years ago. I am also one of the Co-Commissioners. We use the APBA software (free) to simulate games between various customized teams of NHL players. There are 22 teams in our league. We have everything from regular season and playoffs, to full fledged free agency, contracts, annual prospect/entry drafts, etc. For anyone who has found the public fantasy leagues silly, this is a great option to consider.

Our members come from a wide range of professions/backgrounds. We currently have GM's in the US, Canada, Japan, Sweden, Germany and Budapest. Professions include Educators, Attorneys, Software developers, Purchasing Agents, Avionics Technician, Managers and Musicians. It is a friendly, mature group that gets along very well.

On average, the time involved to successfully run a team is anywhere a few minutes a day, up to whatever you want to invest in it.

We have an opening for a new general manager. We have found great success with recruiting fresh faces. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy participating in, please contact me.

------------------
Bill in Dayton